Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M2

August 3rd, 2015 01:00

Latest PocketCloud Companion Update causing issues on Win 7 desktop

Latest PocketCloud Companion Update causing issues on Win 7 desktop

Ever since I got the latest update, this afternoon for me, it has been freezing the mouse once every ten seconds. Exiting out of PocketCloud companion solves the problem, restarting the program brings it back. Any ideas on a solution?

Thanks!

1.3K Posts

Hello munkel,

What version of Windows 7 are you using? Is this happening while you are connected with a mobile device or just regular use of Windows?

Win 7 Pro, 64 bit. Regular use of windows, I have not tried to connect with my iPhone since the problem started.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post

Hello munkel,

What version of Windows 7 are you using? Is this happening while you are connected with a mobile device or just regular use of Windows?

Additional info: My desktop is NOT accessible via my phone, when I check the companion software in windows it says I am not logged in via my gmail acct. I try and log in and get a dialog box stating that the service is not running. Then directions to start the service.

Thanks again, 

Mike

1.3K Posts

Thanks for providing that information. I am looking into the issue now.

Thank you!

August 7th, 2015 04:00

Manually starting the service (which is set to automatic) makes the freezing mouse issue go away and it automatically logs in my gmail acct.

August 10th, 2015 04:00

For now I have to manually start the service after every log off/reboot. However I believe I found the culprit, I have a competing product on my desktop and it was updated this morning, after that the companion had problems. I am going to try and remove the product and reboot and see if that solves the issue.

Thanks again, 

Mike

1.3K Posts

Thank you for giving me that additional information. With that, I was going to have you manually start the service to see if that resolved the issue and it sounds as though it did. 

Is there anything else I can help you with?

1.3K Posts

Please let me know how that goes. What product do you suspect was causing the problem?

I suspect it was splashtop streamer.....

No Events found!