I am sorry if this has already been discussed. I get the following error in I connect to a remote computer. Logon failure: user account restriction. Possible reasons ae blank passwords not allowed, logon, logon hour restictions, or policy restriction has benn enforced.
Is it because to logon to my Windows 7 I do not have a password for the user?
Is this a Home or Work computer?
1) Go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools.
2) Open "Computer Management".
3) Click on "Local Users and Groups".
4) Click on "Users".
5) Right click on your account name and select "Properties".
6) Click the "Member Of" tab.
7) Make sure "Administrators" is listed. If it isn't then you should add it.
😎 Close that dialog box.
9) Right click on your account name and select "Set Password".
10) Restart your computer.
Thank you for your response. This is a home computer that has two users, my wife and I. I did end up just giving my user a password and it works fine, is there any way to do without a password?.
Unfortunately not. You will need to have one set in order to connect. You can however save it in PocketCloud so you don't have to type it in every time. Click "Edit" next to the connection on the "My Computers" screen in PocketCloud and enter your password to save it.
Happy New Year,