Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

July 29th, 2015 01:00

Login to Mac and Win7 Failing over WAN\WIFI\3G

Login to Mac and Win7 Failing over WAN\WIFI\3G

Installed PocketCloud Pro on iPad2. Have the client apps installed on a Win7Ultimate64 amchine and iMac with OSX10.5 - I can coonect to both when at home on the same network. 

1. Win7Ultimate machine, it tries to connect, I get a message that RDP session disconnected. I press Reconnect then the PocketCloud app crashes (disappears and drops me back to iPad desktop).

2. In the list of discovered connects, the PC connection is showing up twice. Once is disabled, the other is enabled, but has the above problem. I tried deleting the disabled one, but it shows back up again when PCP is started again.

2. Mac OSX 10.6.6 - Cannot connect at all to the desktop. Select my mac to connect, get a password prompt, then after a few moments get a message Could not connect to server. yes, VNC is enabled and can connect to it with other mac machines.

Using AutoDiscovery on both. Also tried to manually connect via the IP, which I found through each desktop client app. Tried 3G and WIFI connection. 

Not happy at the moment, was expecting a better experience for my $15.

Mike

544 Posts

July 31st, 2015 08:00

Quote Originally Posted by mhammo View Post
Mac (10.6.6): 1.0.32s
Win7: 2.1.14

Sad to say neither one worked while I was on the road all last week. I tried using hotel internet, Verizon wifi and 3G connections, T-Mobile 3G, and our company internet. 

#2. Did that on both machines (Mac and Win). On Mac have enabled Sharing remote login and remote management.
#3. Did this. After re-install I still get a duplicate connection for the Win7 machine. It does not crash now, but still cannot connect to either machine via 3G. 
MH

Glad to hear that it's no longer crashing. What error message are you getting when trying to connect over 3G?

544 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mhammo View Post
This was on my internal wifi. I was not able to connect, but did get one message popup that said it needed to reconnect. Then it crashes after trying to reconnect.

1) What version of the Companion are you running? Please right click on the kite icon next to your clock and go to Help > About.
2) Right click on My Computer > Properties. Click "Remote settings" and then select the "Remote" tab. Make sure "Allow connections from computers running any version of Remote Desktop (less secure)" is selected.
3) In PocketCloud go to "Settings" and tap the "Sign Out" button. Scroll down the list and tap the "Remove" button next to "Erase All Connections". After you do this delete the app from your iPad and re-download it from the App Store.

925 Posts

we are reviewing this. we will update you as soon as we hear any update.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

925 Posts

Hi Mike, We have some known connection issues. Our developers are working on this as I write. Thank you for your patience!
Regarding 2, are they both rdp connection or rdp and vnc.
Can you please restart vnc service and relogin on pocketcloud companion. Does that help?

Wyse PocketCloud Team

9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suchitha View Post
Hi Mike, We have some known connection issues. Our developers are working on this as I write. Thank you for your patience!
Regarding 2, are they both rdp connection or rdp and vnc. 
Can you please restart vnc service and relogin on pocketcloud companion. Does that help?

I tried both, and rebooted machine, and neither helped. Still cannot connect outside of my own network (internal wifi).

MH

925 Posts

Thank you for your feedback. We are aware of the connection issue with PocketCloud Auto Discovery and are working to resolve it ASAP. Meanwhile you can use the Manual connection option which covered in the PocketCloud User Guide:http://www.wyse.com/products/softwar...hone/index.asp

Wyse PocketCloud Team

9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suchitha View Post

Is that on 3g mh? Were you able to connect atleast once? After how many attempts did this reconnect popup showup?

This was on my internal wifi. I was not able to connect, but did get one message popup that said it needed to reconnect. Then it crashes after trying to reconnect.

I am having some of the same issues.. "Win7Ultimate machine, it tries to connect, I get a message that RDP session disconnected. I press Reconnect then the PocketCloud app crashes (disappears and drops me back to iPad (iPhone) desktop)." My coworker has an android and it connected right away and works fine. He is running XP on his machine and I am running 7 on both of mine. I get all of the signs saying it is ready to go, but when I try to connect through the iPhone 4 I get the "loading" forever and then the "RDP session Disconnected." when I hit reconnect it boots me out. Guess maybe I should have stuck with logmein... please help.

9 Posts

Bad news on the Win7 machine. I get a reconnect popup then it tries to connect again then crashes the PocketCloud app.

544 Posts

The new build is available at the top of the forum. Thank you for your patience.

-Chris
Wyse Technology

9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
1) What version of the Companion are you running? Please right click on the kite icon next to your clock and go to Help > About.....

Mac (10.6.6): 1.0.32s
Win7: 2.1.14

Sad to say neither one worked while I was on the road all last week. I tried using hotel internet, Verizon wifi and 3G connections, T-Mobile 3G, and our company internet. 

#2. Did that on both machines (Mac and Win). On Mac have enabled Sharing remote login and remote management.
#3. Did this. After re-install I still get a duplicate connection for the Win7 machine. It does not crash now, but still cannot connect to either machine via 3G. 
MH

925 Posts

Hi Mhammo, Would like to hear from you. I hope your connection issue is taken care!

Wyse PocketCloud Team

925 Posts

This is Great mh! Thank you for your help!

Wyse PocketCloud Team

9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
The new build is available at the top of the forum. Thank you for your patience.

-Chris
Wyse Technology

Where? I don't see a link at the top of the forum.

9 Posts

I am traveling tomorrow and plan to test it on the road. I did check with my internal wifi network and it works when I am on the same network.

No Events found!