Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

N

August 3rd, 2015 07:00

Missing control, escape, etc. keys at top of keyboard

UnhappyMissing control, escape, etc. keys at top of keyboard

I am using an IPAD 1 and am unable to display the ctrl, esc keys at the top of the keyboard. Someone else I know is using an IPAD 2 and always has those keys available.

We both are running the latest and same version of Pocketcloud.

What could the problem be?

1.3K Posts

August 3rd, 2015 08:00

Do you have a bluetooth or some kind of external keyboard enabled on the device? What version of iOS is your device using? What version of PocketCloud are you using? Have you rebooted and/or force closed the application and launched it again to see if the keys were available?

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

9 Posts

August 3rd, 2015 08:00

Have version 5.0.1 of IOS, version 2.2.123 of pocketcloud

9 Posts

August 12th, 2015 08:00

Unhappy

Force close did not work. What next?

Unhappy

1.3K Posts

newmex999, I see what the problem is now. Unfortunately there is a known issue with the tool bar not showing on some devices using the split keyboard. This issue is resolved on the next update that has been submitted to the App Store. It should hopefully be available in a week or so in the app store. For now, you could try switching the keyboard back to the standard (non-split) keyboard and that should get those keys back for you.

Josh Maurer

1.3K Posts

Try force closing the application by double tapping the home screen button, press and hold the PocketCloud icon, then pressing the - on the top left corner of the icon. Then launch the application again.

Josh Maurer

9 Posts

No external keyboard connected, have not tried force close yet.

1.3K Posts

The best way to post a photo on here is to host it somewhere (imageshack or another free hosting company), then post a link to the image here on the forum.

Let me know if force stopping the application helps!

Josh Maurer

9 Posts

OK, I will give it a try, thanks.

Also, Chris K asked me to post a picture here of the missing keys and I am not sure how to post a picture to this site. Any suggestions?

9 Posts

Chris:
Here is a link to the picture of the IPAD showing the keyboard without the ctrl, keys, etc.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4982282...in/photostream

Josh-will be trying force close in a few minutes.

1.3K Posts

Do you have any kind of external keyboard connected or did you at some point? This can cause the keys not to show above the keyboard.

Have you tried force stopping the application and then starting it again to see if the keys show above the keyboard again?

Josh Maurer

9 Posts

August 12th, 2015 09:00

Unhappy

Hi Josh: Unfortunately putting the keyboard to standard (non-split) was already tried several times and the keys are still missing!

9 Posts

Josh:

Yes that did fix it. 

When will the patch be out?

Thanks

9 Posts

Unhappy

Are there any additional suggestions I can try? I have an IPAD 2 and the user having the issue has an IPAD 1. We both have 5.0.1 and the same version of Pocketcloud

Thanks

1.3K Posts

Glad that helped. I am expecting it to go live sometime this week. Keep an eye out for it!

Josh Maurer

1.3K Posts

I would try force stopping the application, change the keyboard to the standard one in the device's settings, power cycle the device, then attempt to launch the application again. Let me know if that helps.

Josh Maurer

No Events found!