Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

August 5th, 2015 05:00

My Pocketcloud Client isn't working!

My Pocketcloud Client isn't working!

I downloaded the client to my computer but when I'd click on it, it'd give me a weird error message that said something like "Pocketcloud Service is not running. Go to administrative tools > services > pocketcloud services and turn it on". I did this and it turn off almost immediately, so I did it a few times and it finally remained on, but it won't come up because it gives the same message, yet it says it's on.
PLEASE HELP, I'm going to bed, but I look forward to success tomorrow!

August 7th, 2015 07:00

My computer is doing exactly the same thing since the upgrade, when I try and run the diagnostic, methinks something has gone wrong in a major way with the update.

I can only connect using an iPhone4 that I have not updated the app on!

1 Message

August 10th, 2015 05:00

I have the same problem and have given up in Wyse when it comes to fixing it. Obviously, if you didn't receive help and didn't come back to the thread, then they haven't fixed it in the time since I've given up.

I just hope there will be a solution to the problem quickly. Otherwise I'll end up uninstalling everything.

Hey all you frustrated users,
If you still have any steam, left try this, it worked for me in a big way!.
1. Google TightVNC, download and install. During install opt out of the user and password configuration screen (you'll do it later)
2. Uninstall PocketCloud from your PC at this time, I think when it installed, it also installs a program called "Microsoft Primary Interoperability Assemblies 2005", leave that one alone, until I have a chance to investigate, it's removal.
3. After install, you will see an icon on task bar (box with black V in it), click it and configuration will open. Set a password for primary and viewer, (i used same for both) leave all else alone for now.
4. Get your Smart Phone and open the PocketCloud app. and delete all of the auto finds it performed, and setup manual connection. select VNC and use port 5900. ( if you recall, that was the default in TightVNC).
See if that works for you, I stumbled across due to a serious bout of frustration, with the companion ***-ware.
If this is confusing, or I am not clear in some way, I will try and describe the procedure in more detail at a later date.
The best part of this solution is, you will never have to give out your Gmail account info in any way, because it is not used to configure.
They will probably ban me for giving out this info!, Because it just works better than theirs and they can't compile a mailing list with it.
Spytech

Hey. May any of y'all help me??

No Events found!