Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 30th, 2015 03:00

New update ? Pocketcloud pro now rubbish

Thumbs down New update ? Pocketcloud pro now rubbish

Anyone else experiencing issues with the new update released 25/10/13 I've notices it's very laggy, keyboard hardly working not like the previous version

1 Message

July 30th, 2015 03:00

Thumbs down PocketCloud unusable

I have the same problem since the update. It is completely wrecked.

1.3K Posts

August 4th, 2015 04:00

Hey guys, our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this release may have caused any of you.

I have gone through all of the recent posts, reviews, trouble tickets, etc to gather all of the issues being reported. Our engineering team is currently working on a emergency fix for you all now. They are working hard to get all of the issues addressed and a fix to you ASAP. 

Thank you for all of the feedback and please let us know if you find any other problems.

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

9 Posts

Same here. PocketClould Remote Desktop is not responsive since I downloaded the IOS 7.0.3 update last night. This morning I was unable to log into my company's office computer which I do daily with PocketCloud. I was unable to get the keyboard characters to appear in the login fields. I would type on my Ipad using the virtual keyboard that appears on the PocketCloud app. In the login fields, the cursor did not move nor did my login or password characters appear in the login fields, the fields just stayed blank.

1 Message

What on Earth did they do to this?

Another voice ... This program which used to work well, and is very important to me, is now all but unusable! Does anyone know whether they are acknowledging the issues and when/if a fix is forthcoming? This is really awful ....

7 Posts

Workaround found

We installed iFreeRDP for the time being as PC was totally non-functional on all ios7.0.3 iPads.

9 Posts

SJPenrose, thanks for the headsup! I will go install the IFreeRDP now. Normally, I wouldn't care, but I use the Ipad for work purposes, when I am not at the office so I need something to work immediatetly.   Who knows, this IFreeRDP maybe my new remote desktop app. Thanks again!

9 Posts

Well, I checked my office computer and I had PocketCloud Windows Companion v.2.5.13 installed. I went to PocketCloud site and updated my office computer to the v.2.7.15. I still can't log into the PocketCloud Remote Desktop from my Ipad. I think I am going to need to get an I.T. person involved, which I didn't want to do. I am just not computer savvy, Ugh!

Edited to Add: Now when I open the app from my Ipad, the "Connect" button is not responding to my touch? Nothing is happening. So, now I can't even get as far as I was before, which was to the Login screen to my office computer. Grrrr!

2nd Edit to Add: Well, my I.T. Guy (who had installed the app and software to both Ipad and my office computer) saw the problem with the "blank login fields" and the app not responding to the characters being typed in. He went through the software and settings on my Ipad also and said that it is an issue with the PocketCloud app, and that we have to wait for a fix with an update from Dell Wyse. 

Dell Wyse please please fix this. 

6 Posts

We are a school in the uk with 100+ users connecting from their iPads to our rdc services thank Christ it is halt term starting monday (uk schools 1 week non attendance) hopefully they will resolve this issue otherwise I'm going to have an interesting few weeks explaining no the problem is not the ipad or the system it's the bug in an update which you paid £10.50 for!

2 Posts

Total rubbish. I am so frustrated - I can't do anything at all. Logging of is a challenge. Taps seems to stick in random positions and clicks are totally unpredictable!!!! UGh!

1 Message

Same here

I agree that the updated version, 2.2.268 for ios7 is preactically unusable. The touch response is horrible and I have to rely on the mouse pointer to get anything done. It freezes up completely as well and I had a hard time even rebooting the iPad once that happened. The old version was working fine with ios7. I'm not sure what they did but they need to fix it now!

1.3K Posts

August 10th, 2015 05:00

This will have a fix for the touch issues and reported lag with the latest release. The issues were found and fixed in this release. Our apologies for the delay on this.

Josh Maurer

623 Posts

PocketCloud Desktop Pro version 2.2.271 and PocketCloud Desktop 2.2.171 have been release to the App Store.

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

6 Posts

Still no sign of this fix!!

6 Posts

Josh any eta on this ?

1.3K Posts

It has been submitted to Apple for approval. We are hoping sometime this weekend or early next week.

Josh Maurer

No Events found!