Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 28th, 2015 07:00

No Connection with Console option ON

No Connection with Console option ON

Hello, I am having an issue connecting with pocket cloud when the console option is turned on. We log into a VM server with individual RDP accounts for our users. With console off I can connect without any issues. I tried connecting to another user account (different user/pswd) and connected fine with the console option "ON" but still am not able to connect to my account. I'm using an iPad which has been in use with PC for months. The reason I turned on on console was to enable the use of a bluetooth keyboard which would not work with RDP only worked directly on the ipad with ipad programs. The error message I get is,"The requested session access is denied".

Does anyone have any idea why I can connect with console "OFF" and why I can connect on a different user accont with console "ON", but not mine with mine with the console option turned "ON"??

623 Posts

August 2nd, 2015 01:00

Console mode was supported by Windows XP and Windows server 2003 and requires admin rights to connect. Current operating systems do not support this mode. It is there only for backwards compatibility.

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

7 Posts

August 14th, 2015 02:00

Ok so the account that I can log into with console on has admin rights. It's OS is windows 7 on server 2008 and when I attempt to login as myself on the same server with the same OS I get rejected because I do not have admin rights?

Ok so any idea on how I can get the bluetooth keyboard to function when remoted in with Pocket Cloud then? That's my main issue at the moment. The KB only works on the ipad and does not work when remoted in.

Thanks!

1.3K Posts

August 14th, 2015 02:00

So the bluetooth keyboard connected to your iPad does not work when you are connected to your remote server? But works fine on the device when you are not connected? We test with multiple BT keyboards without a problem.

What keyboard are you using?

Have you tried force stopping PocketCloud when you are experiencing this to see if it starts working? Have you tried re-pairing your keyboard with your device? Have you tried restarting the remote server and/or your device?

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

No Events found!