I attached the photo that shows the RDP Audio was automatically muted and cannot set to let it speak.
Is there any possible we can try?
Please do the following and check if it fixes the issue.
1. Log in to your xp machine with your Administrator login.
2. In Start Menu->Run. Enter "gpedit.msc"
3. Go to Computer Configuration->Administrative Templates->Windows Components->Terminal Services->Client/Server Data Redirection
4. Set "Allow Audio Redirection" to enabled.
5. Log off the Administrator account and re-login back. Play any audio and verify it is playing.
Wyse PocketCloud Team
sound really doesn't work .... in my case
When using rdp to a Windows System
you can use one of the following Sound Playback options.
1. redirect sound to the rdp client
(results in Server audio playback thru a temporarily available Remote Playback Device
that shows up in Control Panel>Sound>Playback )
2. leave sound at the rdp server side
(default Playback thru Speakers or some other playback interface)
In my case (IPad<->Win7 Ultimate) Pocketcloud
supports none of these options.
When Remote Sound is set to on (Pocketcloud RDP Performance Tuning)
it remains silent on my Ipad.
I don't care about this bug, because I use the Ipad
as kind of Remote Control for a Windows Media Center on a Win7 system.
Sound must be played back locally.
When Sound is set to off, Pocketcloud however still instructs the
rdp server to use the Remote Playback Device.
I checked this when connected.
You should expect: default sound playback will remain unchanged.
This really annoys me because I like your GUI and
upgraded to the PRO version also for the
promised Sound Control that is not available in the free version.
For the sake of completeness:
- a rdp client from a Linux laptop to the same rdp server works fine
- with respect to sound Ipad App RDP Lite
works fine too for me (does even not support remote sound)
but this GUI cannot impress me in functionality nor in performance.
I'm having the same issue. PocketCloud Pro connecting via RDP to WinXP and no sound coming through on the iPad though sound does play out of the speakers directly connected to the WinXP machine. I've checked the setting on PocketCloud and have set for WiFi. Also tried the group policy setting indicated Sarun but no dice. Any suggestions? Really need the sound to work on the iPad.
Sound is only suppoted in PocketCloud Pro Edition for RDP. You can find the setting under the "Settings" right below RDP Performance Tuning.
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums