Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 29th, 2015 03:00

No audio....

Angry No audio....

I use iPad to connect PC RDP. But I cannot hear audio.
I had checked the audio setting. It showed Microsoft RDP audio drive but mute and volume set to lowest.
Then I tried to uncheck the mute and max the volume, but it failed when apply was click. Setting was go back to mute.

I try to install MS's hotfix (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=818465) but it didn't work.

Is there any other solution?

Tyler

623 Posts

July 29th, 2015 03:00

Tyler,
Can you provide some more details on the PC you are connecting (i.e. XP Pro SP3, Vista PRO, Windows 7 Ultimate)? 
Also, have you checked under "Settings" and checked the sound bar?

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

7 Posts

August 1st, 2015 02:00

Hi Roger,

Thanks for replying.
My PC is running XP pro with SP2. Besides, I have checked the sound bar in PocketCloud screen...it cannot be change as I mentioned. It is always set to mute and lowest volume.

Thank you.
Tyler

7 Posts

August 5th, 2015 22:00

Hi,

By the way, I installed SP3. But it still doesn't work.
I found one thing that in sound setting during I remotely controled desktop, "Microsoft RDP audio drive" was gone. I cannot find it anymore. Orignial audio driver was selected.

That is no good to see that. The most important thing that urge me to buy your pocketcloud is audio function.(And it is not cheap!!). I still not give up to search your help, after all, I don't want to post a negative comment on iTune store yet.

Your any support would be very appreciated. If you still need any spec about my PC, please let me know.

Best regards,
Tyler

7 Posts

August 5th, 2015 23:00

Thank you Daniel!
Yes, I've checked the setting. 
I tried to connect to my friend's computer today and it worked fine. But when I connected to my computer, it was automatically muted itself, as I said at the first thread. I believe there must be something wrong. Any suggestion?

7 Posts

7 Posts

1)... <- I've tried but sound was muted and could not turn it on.
2)... <- I've established a new account with administrative privilege, same as muted sound.
3)... <- No findings

Please also see my capture screen...

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink

Tyler

200 Posts

This sounds really strange, but we'll try to help you out. Here are a couple of suggestions:
1) Can you try connecting from another computer to your computer to see if sound works? This will help us rule out any client issues.
2) Can you try connecting using a different user account that has administrative privileges (e.g. create a new one)?
3) Do you see any error messages that might be related to RDP Sound on "Event Viewer" under "Administrative Tools" in the Control Panel?

I hope one of these might give us more insights. 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

7 Posts

Hi Sarun,

I attached the photo that shows the RDP Audio was automatically muted and cannot set to let it speak.
Is there any possible we can try?

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink

145 Posts

Can you verify your "Windows Audio" service is started and running? 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

200 Posts

Before you connect you your PC go to PocketCloud and open the Settings Tab. Inside PocketCloud Settings (not Windows) make sure that that Sound is enabled (It's disabled by default). Once you confirm that is done try connecting again and the "Microsoft RDP audio" should be enabled. 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

145 Posts

Hi Tyler,

Please do the following and check if it fixes the issue.

1. Log in to your xp machine with your Administrator login.
2. In Start Menu->Run. Enter "gpedit.msc"
3. Go to Computer Configuration->Administrative Templates->Windows Components->Terminal Services->Client/Server Data Redirection
4. Set "Allow Audio Redirection" to enabled.
5. Log off the Administrator account and re-login back. Play any audio and verify it is playing. 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

1 Message

August 6th, 2015 01:00

I'm having the same issue. PocketCloud Pro connecting via RDP to WinXP and no sound coming through on the iPad though sound does play out of the speakers directly connected to the WinXP machine. I've checked the setting on PocketCloud and have set for WiFi. Also tried the group policy setting indicated Sarun but no dice. Any suggestions? Really need the sound to work on the iPad.

925 Posts

HI All, 
What do you have in app settings for sound? 
Is it remote computer or automatically adjust...
Note: free app does not have sound support. Even vnc does not support sound. (just for your information)

Can you login to the computer using other desktop rdp client? 
Do you hear the sound? 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

Hello Chris,

I am using VNC and the version of PocketCloud I am using is the free one.

Thanks

3 Posts

Thanks, Roger -- but that doesn't fix the issue. The problem is that Windows shifts the Device Volume to "Low" resulting in no audible audio output. It happens time after time. I had it manually working while at home for a short time (somehow), but cannot enable audio with a new log-in if I'm physically beside the host computer at the time of log-in. I've got Premuim interfacing with an XP Pro OS.

No Events found!