Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

G

August 3rd, 2015 01:00

Pocket Cloud Companion

Pocket Cloud Companion

Updated Pocket Cloud Companion to 2.2.10 now tablet sees connections as available, but connection fails. How can I go back to 2.2.7 that worked fine?

544 Posts

August 10th, 2015 01:00

Gary - Try toggling the NLA switch in "Connection Settings".

925 Posts

Benny,

Please either use your vnc password alone(no username) or just use your mac os account with name and password.

Thank you!

Wyse PocketCloud Team

I am having heaps of trouble too with the new app, the only device that will let me connect is the one that I have not upgraded the app on, not happy!

925 Posts

Hi gary, There is a seperate group for android.Please post it there. This is for ios only. Just for tracking.
Thanks!

Wyse PocketCloud Team

1 Message

I've had several days of torture waiting for a working version of the Mac side, and today I was finally able to configure and connect., only to find it had gone to *** in a different way like I can't do anything because the connection drops constantly.

Is anyone else getting the constant drops?

544 Posts

Make sure you have "Operating System" set to "Mac" in "Connection Settings". When the prompt appears, fill in your username, and leave the password blank. I just tried that and it works fine for me.

This goes from bad to worse. I've downloaded the latest version from the website but it fails to open on my Mac. Come on guys. I've paid good money for the Pro version and I can't use it. Running Lion 10.7.1 and up until this latest problem was still able to connect via a non updated version on my iPhone. Now i can't even do that as the Companion won't open.

NOT HAPPY 

EDIT
So it seems Companion is running even though it doesn't look like it is (managed to get a connection from iPhone using non updated version). But when I try on my iPad with updated Pro version i still get the error VNC: mac authentication failed: 1

Is this anything to do with NOT having a user password on my Mac?

Edit 2
Using my Admin user and password i can connect. However after about 1 minute it disconnected.

RDP from a Xoom Android 3.2. Connecting to Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2

Pocket cloud version 1.2.237

Thanks for this. I've already tried it both ways but the stumbling block seems to be I don't use a Mac OS account password. If I use no user name and just the VNC password it still fails. If I ADD a Mac OS password to my user account I can log in no problem via PC Pro. Trouble is I don't want to use a password on my Mac OS account.

yep always has been. Still not working. The error message is 

544 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BJeanyB View Post
I've had several days of torture waiting for a working version of the Mac side, and today I was finally able to configure and connect., only to find it had gone to *** in a different way like I can't do anything because the connection drops constantly.

Is anyone else getting the constant drops?

The new companion was posted on our website. Can you give it a try?

OK I had to uninstall 2.0.7s and revert to 2/0/7a as the latest version wouldn't even open. I have now established that for me the error is to do with NOT having a user password on Lion. I have added one and I can connect correctly using my OSX user name and password but when I remove the password I get the VNC error message. Can this be fixed? I don't use a password on my Mac and I don't want to have to use one just to get access back through PC Pro.

925 Posts

Hi Gary,
May we have the following info:
RDP or vnc?
OS on your desktop?
ios version?
pocktcloud application version?

Thank you!

Wyse PocketCloud Team

1 Message

August 10th, 2015 02:00

I have installed on to MacBook Pro, and on my iPhone 4... problem is when i try to connect it asks for Mac OS credentials... what the heck is that?

No Events found!