Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

G

August 3rd, 2015 01:00

Pocket Cloud Companion

Pocket Cloud Companion

Updated Pocket Cloud Companion to 2.2.10 now tablet sees connections as available, but connection fails. How can I go back to 2.2.7 that worked fine?

925 Posts

August 10th, 2015 02:00

Hi Benny

Edit your connection settings. 
keep the mac os username blank.
Enter the password in password field.

Thank you!

Wyse PocketCloud Team

544 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
I have installed on to MacBook Pro, and on my iPhone 4... problem is when i try to connect it asks for Mac OS credentials... what the heck is that?

Mac OS X Users:
Go to Apple > System Preferences.
Click on "Users & Groups" under "System".
Make a note of the username listed under "Current User".
Click on "Change Password".
Input your desired password and save.
Launch PocketCloud on your device.
Edit the "Connection Settings".
Select "Mac" as the "Operating System".
Select "Username" and enter the username from step 3.
Select "Password" and enter the password you set in step 5.

1.3K Posts

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
I have installed on to MacBook Pro, and on my iPhone 4... problem is when i try to connect it asks for Mac OS credentials... what the heck is that?

The OS credentials are the username and password you use to log into your MacBook. It will be the administrator username and password.

I have no user password for my Mac on my own account. This seems to be the problem. I have 3 accounts on my iMac; one is an Admin account with a User ID and Password. I can connect to this using PC Pro from my iPad with the latest version. the other 2 accounts are user accounts with different user names and no passwords. Neither of these will connect regardless of the various combinations I have tried (no password, no user name and VNC password, user name and VNC password, user name and admin password). Each time I get the same error message as per my screen shot above.

I accidentally managed to update the version of PC Pro on my iPhone tonight when I did a sync and now I can't even connect from that anymore. The previous version worked fine before the update.

EDIT
Just tried to log in from the iPhone without using any credentials. It gave an error message saying the password can't be blank (sadly, mine is!). When I tried again using the VNC password it took me to the Mac OS X log in page and then let me access my account. This is ok for me as it does allow me to do what I want even though this failed on my iPad when I tried. It's a bit of a mess really.

No Events found!