Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

July 30th, 2015 02:00

Pocket Cloud "Session Disconnected"

Pocket Cloud "Session Disconnected"

Get the message "session disconnected" as I'm trying to access the PC through Companion. 

n00b question I'm sure, but does anyone have a quick fix for this? All VPN passcodes are correct, I'm thinking port forwarding might be the answer? Don't really want to do that though, for obvious reasons.

Any help will be much appreciated, 
Thunderfingers.

544 Posts

August 1st, 2015 00:00

Quote Originally Posted by Guitar4Him View Post
I'm having the same problem. I have the PocketCloud app on a Droid X and a Samsung Galaxy Tablet. I have the Windows Companion on a laptop and a desktop at my house. Both are running XP Home, SP 2. I'm running RealVNC ver 4.1.2 on both. On the Android, version 1.1.208. On the PC's ver 2.1.5. Sometimes, a reboot of the PC will fix the problem....sometimes not. Sometimes, I can connect to the laptop and not the desktop. Other times, it's just the opposite. Frequently, I can't connect to either. I've tried re-starting the PocketCloud Companion service, re-starting the PocketCloud Companion program, re-starting the VNC server and re-booting the Android devices. I'm a Network Administrator with the Federal Court System....I know my way around networking. The bottom line is that this Android app and/or the Windows Pocket Companion are completely unreliable. If I had to depend on this program combination on my job, I'd be in real trouble. 

Come on guys....I've searched the forums and see that this is a common problem. You need to get this fixed! I paid for this app and I can't use it with any degree of reliability.

Ken

1) Please upgrade your companion from 2.1.5 to 2.1.11 --> http://www.wyse.com/serviceandsuppor...20Downloads%29
2) Can you install TightVNC instead of RealVNC? That is our officially supported VNC server.

3 Posts

I'm having the same issues. PocketCloud app on Motorola Xoom.

PocketCloud Desktop Companion 2.1.11 on Windows 7. TightVNC 2.0.2

Everything works great with RDP, but I get Session Disconnected when trying to use VNC.

623 Posts

What version of Windows are you using (XP Pro SP3, XP Home SP3, Windows 7 Pro, Home, etc.)?
Are you using RDP or VNC?
What versions of the companion and PocketCloud are you using?

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

544 Posts

August 3rd, 2015 07:00

Quote Originally Posted by mdiorio View Post
I'm having the same issues. PocketCloud app on Motorola Xoom.

PocketCloud Desktop Companion 2.1.11 on Windows 7. TightVNC 2.0.2

Everything works great with RDP, but I get Session Disconnected when trying to use VNC.

"Session disconnected" error when using VNC with Auto Discovery
1) Right click on the TightVNC tray icon and select "Configuration".
2) Click on the "Access Control" tab.
3) Under "Loopback Connections" ensure that "Allow loopback connections" is checked.

3 Posts

August 5th, 2015 10:00

Thanks, but even manual, it's still horrifically slow, even on WiFi. I used Remote VNC Pro, and even though it crashes due to not being Honeycomb compatible yet, when it does open and connect, it works flawlessly. Very fast, nearly immediate reponses.

3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
"Session disconnected" error when using VNC with Auto Discovery
1) Right click on the TightVNC tray icon and select "Configuration".
2) Click on the "Access Control" tab.
3) Under "Loopback Connections" ensure that "Allow loopback connections" is checked.

I did have Loopback Connections checked, but I forgot to restart the service. As soon as I did that, it started working, however I seem to have another issue. Delay in one direction.

Anything I do on the computer shows up in the remote immediately. However, anything I do on the remote PocketCloud client takes almost a minute to show up on the server, if it ever gets there at all.

I'd just use RDP, but for support I like having the server screen not lock so that I can have the user actually show me the issue while I'm watching.

Also, If there was a way to force a screen refersh that would be great. When the device locks due to inactivity and I turn it back on, the screen doesn't automatically refresh, so it doesn't show what's currently on the screen.

Thanks.

544 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mdiorio View Post
I did have Loopback Connections checked, but I forgot to restart the service. As soon as I did that, it started working, however I seem to have another issue. Delay in one direction.

Anything I do on the computer shows up in the remote immediately. However, anything I do on the remote PocketCloud client takes almost a minute to show up on the server, if it ever gets there at all.

I'd just use RDP, but for support I like having the server screen not lock so that I can have the user actually show me the issue while I'm watching.

Also, If there was a way to force a screen refersh that would be great. When the device locks due to inactivity and I turn it back on, the screen doesn't automatically refresh, so it doesn't show what's currently on the screen.

Thanks.

If you create a manual connection in PocketCloud, and connect that way, the performance will be faster than connecting via a discovered connection. However you won't be able to access that desktop outside of your internal network unless you open port 5900 in your router and connect to your public IP address.

No Events found!