Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

August 5th, 2015 05:00

Pocket cloud crashes server

Pocket cloud crashes server

My server just had an update and now when I connect to pocket cloud on my iPad it takes over the server instead of running in background the server is windows 7

1.3K Posts

It sounds as though your anti-virus may think that our application is a virus. You should be able to add PocketCloud to any allowed applications lists within your anti-virus and firewall applications.

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

1.3K Posts

Do you mean it is logging out on the physical computer when you connect remotely and before you were able to be connected and the remote computer would stay active and not log out?

If this is the case, what you will need to do is enable VNC on your remote computer because it sounds as though you are now connecting with RDP. RDP only allows 1 user to be logged in at a time on the computer where as VNC will allow multiple users to be logged in at the same time.

You can connect using VNC, this is also known as remote shadowing. This will not log the remote computer out when you are connected. You will need to install a VNC client on your remote computer (if you do not already have one).

We recommend TightVNC - http://tightvnc.com/download.php

If you are using a manual connection, make sure your port settings match within PocketCloud and within the VNC client.

If you are using a auto-discovered connection, make sure to enable "Use 3rd Party VNC on port" option within the Companion software (to enable this, Right click on the kite icon in the system tray, Select Preferences, navigate to the Advanced tab, enable "Use 3rd Party VNC on port" option and make sure the port matches your VNC application and PocketCloud.

Josh Maurer

9 Posts

Since tis update from Microsoft I cannot assess anymore. This is the security update for windows 7 pro (kb2532531)it staes that a security issue has been identified and a remote attacker can compromise your system . I believe this is the reason I cannot connect any suggestions

1.3K Posts

Unfortunately we do not offer phone support. We only offer email support to our Pro users. Unfortunately I can only help you on the forum here since you are a Free user.

So it sounds as though you are able to connect to your remote server, but when you connect, the remote computer is logged off while you are connected with PocketCloud?

If that is the case, it sounds as though you are connecting with RDP rather than VNC. RDP only allows 1 user to be logged on at a time. 

If you are using auto-discovery:
-Right click on the kite icon in the system tray
-Select Preferences
-Navigate to the Advanced tab
-Check the "Use 3rd party VNC on port" option
-Enter the VNC port you are using (use the same one that is listed in TightVNC)
-Select Apply and Ok

From here a VNC connection should show on your Discovered connections list within PocketCloud on your iPads

If you are using a manual connection:
-Create a new manual VNC connection within PocketCloud
-Make sure that the port number matches the port number within TightVNC

From here you should be able to connect.

Josh Maurer

9 Posts

Yes but which do I download it to the iPad or server it worked fine till the server updated

9 Posts

I have down loaded tight vnc and have rdp I downloaded pro and the system for my windows computer none of that works it just stopped working properly I really need this fixed why can no one call and talk to my tech. The iPads will logon to the server but take it over instead of running in the back ground it's not the firewall turned it off! Ou know I have the free version and the pro neither work .

1.3K Posts

Is it possible that you are using RealVNC on your remote server already? This is another VNC client that our app is actually having an issue with at the moment. You can check and see if you have this application installed on your computer. Please let me know.

You would be installing TightVNC on your remote server, but if you already have another VNC client installed, you would need to uninstall that before installing TightVNC. Having multiple VNC clients installed on your computer can cause issues when trying to connect.

Josh Maurer

No Events found!