Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 4th, 2015 09:00

Pocket cloud using a Samsung windows 8 tablet, stuck at preparing your Pocketcloud

Pocket cloud using a Samsung windows 8 tablet, stuck at preparing your Pocketcloud

I am trying to connect to a desktop that is running pocketclout. I can connect to it using multiple ipads but when i try with this samsung Ativ tab 3 it lets me it gets to a point where you accept everything and the next step is that it is preparing your PocketCloud. 

I have used this same tablet and connected to a different desktop in the office so I know this tablet will work. The user that i am trying to connect to is the user that is wanting the windows computer as it has a good connected keyboard that comes with it.

Any ideas
Richard

IO tried to create a new thread for Windows8 but it wouldn't let me

1.3K Posts

August 10th, 2015 07:00

If you open the web browser on that device and log into gmail and see if you are getting any security warnings or anything from the browser while or after logging in?

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

The samsung Ativ is using Windows 8 with pocket cloud for windows 2.7.15 on the desktop he is using windows XP pro 2002 sp 3 w intel pentium 4 3.65 with 4 gb ram it is running pocket cloud for windows 

rdp is listening on port 3389 
pocket cloud remote access is listening on port 28790

it opens a window about 2" wide by 3.25" tall. MY screen is 10" the top has a blue stripe with the word pocket cloud on the left side and the gear | _ X on the right side of the stripe. below that is a solid grey field with what looks like a flash wheel spinning in the middle of it and right below that are the words " Preparing your PocketCloud"

when i go to settings the subscription status is Obtaining information...
when i select Manage subscription it says Cannot contact Pocket cloud server

I can long on this this computer using an ipad with the wyse software and it will connect. As soon as I bring up the software on the IPAD it shows the computer as online

I did and there were no security messages, and i checked everywhere to make sure there were no email sent as well. So many variables with these things.

1.3K Posts

I would like you to try something for me, can you open the web browser on that device and log into gmail and see if you are getting any security warnings or anything from the browser while or after logging in?

What you are describing is what happens when the application is not logging in successfully. This can be caused by the firewall or anti-virus blocking the application from being able to contact the google servers.

Also, what version of Windows 8 are you using specifically on that device? Windows 8 Pro, Windows 8.1, etc.

Is Windows on that device up to date?

Josh Maurer

Yes windows is up to date i am using a windows 8 32-bt intel atom cpu 1.8 ghz

There are no emails in gmail associated with the wyse account. I checked the spam and social as well as the promotions tabs

1.3K Posts

Alright, what I would like you to do is go to Settings within the PocketCloud Companion, select the Support tab, check the Enable support diagnostics option. 

From here, I would like you to restart your device. After the restart I would like you to try and sign in again. 

After doing this, I would like you to email me the two log files generated by the application (wysepocketcloudlog.txt and wysepocketcloudlogapp.txt). You can find these by getting back to the Support tab within Settings and select log location under where you enabled logging. I have sent you a PM with my direct email address. We will take a look at the logs and see if we can spot the problem.

Josh Maurer

1.3K Posts

Richard, so you have used PocketCloud on that specific device to successfully connect to other computers before? You are just unable to connect using this specific user/computer?

What Android firmware is installed on that device? Is it a custom installed version of the firmware or the standard version?

What version of Windows specifically is the remote computer using?

What version of the companion software are you using?

When you say it gets to the Preparing your PocketCloud step, what exactly do you mean? Is this the connecting screen that is black with the connecting... text on the screen? Please let me know.

Josh Maurer

1.3K Posts

August 10th, 2015 08:00

Email sent on 9/26/13 @ 12:25pm. Please let me know if restarting the service did not resolve the issue for you.

Josh Maurer

sent to you via leonardkcpi@gmail.com
Thanks.

1.3K Posts

Got it. I will reply as soon as I have feedback from our engineers.

Josh Maurer

Any update?

No Events found!