Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

August 3rd, 2015 05:00

PocketCloud Premium setup - Thin Browser

PocketCloud Premium setup - Thin Browser

I recently installed pocketcloud to access my desktop via an iPad using my gmail account. I upgraded for the free trial of the premium edition. The companion is installed on my windows desktop and the free app on my iPad.

When i connect via my iPad i do not get the Thin Browser capabilities. All that is shown is File Browser, Desktop Snapshot, Help, Disconnect.

Do i have to download the Pro edition of the app at a cost to do this or is there another configuration i have not completed?

thank you -

925 Posts

August 3rd, 2015 05:00

Hi sber, Are you holding it in landscape mode? Can you try rotating it in portrait. Does it show up? 
Thanks!

Wyse PocketCloud Team

1 Message

August 12th, 2015 05:00

Hi i am facing the same problem where I cannot find the button to start thin-browser on pocketcloud. i am using pocketcloudpro v2.2.223 on iphone and am also on 1 month premium trial. i can only see filebrowser but not thin-browser in landscape or portrait mode. PLS HELP

p.s. i have also installed the windows companion. I am connecting manually over rdp to a windows vista business pc

6 Posts

The pro version is required on your device. Try re-installing the companion software on your windows pc.

6 Posts

landscape or portrait, the same options appear. in reading through the documentation it does look like the Pro version of the app is required.

925 Posts

Hi sber, To actually use the premium services you will need pro version.
Thanks!

Wyse PocketCloud Team

544 Posts

We had to make a difficult decision based on the customer feedback we have been getting. We removed Thin Browser and now recommend customers to use their remote desktop's web browser thru PocketCloud to browse the web. There is no performance hit in doing so and this way users can leverage all the advanced functionality of their desktop's web browsers.

This decision was triggered by the release of iOS 5 and in order to accelerate the development of new features in File Browser such as: 
• iOS 5 Support: (Thin Browser was broken with the new Split-Keyboard of iOS 5)
• Added Improved 2-finger gestures for scrolling
• Improved multimedia Streaming over 3G
• Added support to upload your Videos and Images from your iOS device to your Desktop
• Added support for Mac OS

We apologize the inconvenience but are sure that PocketCloud has become a stronger product based on these changes. 

Thanks & Regards,

PocketCloud Support Team

6 Posts

August 12th, 2015 06:00

I have version 2.2.214 of PocketCloud Pro installed on my iPad and ThinBrowser is still available. Is it removed in a later version?

I actually find that option quite beneficial.

544 Posts

August 12th, 2015 06:00

Yes, it has been removed in the new version. Thanks for your feedback!

-Chris

1 Message

August 12th, 2015 07:00

Purchased option not available

I bought the Pro version PURELY for the thin-browser capabilities which are still advertised on your website and in the app store.

As this feature is not available as part of the purchase, this application is not fit for purpose and I require a refund. How do I arrange this?

1.3K Posts

I suggested it to troubleshoot the issue. I would like to see if when using our Companion application you were able to connect. If you were able to connect using auto-discovery through our companion application, that would let me know that some settings on your manual connection were incorrect and we could further troubleshoot from there.

23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post

I watched a couple videos from that site and only noticed the video being a little choppy at times. The audio played fine for me. We are aware that the performance could be better and we are always working to improve the experience. Please keep an eye out for the newest release hopefully in the next few weeks.

Very strange, I cannot listen to those videos at all and they work fine when I'm on the xp pro machine directly. I have tried setting the audio setting on automatic, wifi, & every other choice. What do you have it set in & what else can I try?

23 Posts

I can connect so I can't imagine what settings you think might be wrong. There's just not that many variables. I really don't like installing software on my pc unless it serves a good purpose. Thin browser was going to be my justification, but you dropped it!

1.3K Posts

Etski, my apologies for the troubles you have been experiencing. Can you please try downloading the latest version of the Companion application here:
http://www.wyse.com/serviceandsuppor...20Downloads%29

After updating, are you having the same troubles? Please let me know.

As for thin browser, it did work, but we had a some issues with it and that is why it is no longer a feature.

1.3K Posts

Interesting. You are connecting via RDP correct? In the application settings, on the Sound settings (under RDP performance tuning) what option is selected (Off, low quality, high quality, auto detect, or on remote computer)? Have you updated to the latest version of flash? What web browser are you viewing these on? What device are you using? Is it possible you have the volume turned down or muted on the device?

23 Posts

I ave never downloaded or installed the companion app. Why would I? If I ran the thin browser I was going to, but since you dropped that support, I wouldn't think your companion would be needed since I'm running rdp. Why do you suggest that?

No Events found!