Etski
1 Nickel

RE: PocketCloud Premium setup - Thin Browser

I was finally going to breakdown and install companion to use thin browser to view flash videos since flash videos like the ones on video news on kitco.com never work properly. Have you just given up on supporting flash and audio for videos?

0 Kudos
Josh-2015
3 Zinc

Quote Originally Posted by pilot2k5 View Post

I bought the Pro version PURELY for the thin-browser capabilities which are still advertised on your website and in the app store.

As this feature is not available as part of the purchase, this application is not fit for purpose and I require a refund. How do I arrange this?

I am sorry about the trouble and we are working on removing the information about supporting thin-browser as it is no longer supported. For a refund, you can do this through the app store. Here is a walk through on doing this:

http://www.knowyourcell.com/apple/ap..._purchase.html

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Etski
1 Nickel

So you just gave up supporting flash?

0 Kudos
Josh-2015
3 Zinc

The application does support flash and audio for videos.

0 Kudos
Etski
1 Nickel

Why don't you try testing with any of the news videos found on kitco.com? Let me know your results!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Josh-2015
3 Zinc

I watched a couple videos from that site and only noticed the video being a little choppy at times. The audio played fine for me. We are aware that the performance could be better and we are always working to improve the experience. Please keep an eye out for the newest release hopefully in the next few weeks.

0 Kudos
Etski
1 Nickel

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post

I watched a couple videos from that site and only noticed the video being a little choppy at times. The audio played fine for me. We are aware that the performance could be better and we are always working to improve the experience. Please keep an eye out for the newest release hopefully in the next few weeks.

Very strange, I cannot listen to those videos at all and they work fine when I'm on the xp pro machine directly. I have tried setting the audio setting on automatic, wifi, & every other choice. What do you have it set in & what else can I try?

0 Kudos
Josh-2015
3 Zinc

Interesting. You are connecting via RDP correct? In the application settings, on the Sound settings (under RDP performance tuning) what option is selected (Off, low quality, high quality, auto detect, or on remote computer)? Have you updated to the latest version of flash? What web browser are you viewing these on? What device are you using? Is it possible you have the volume turned down or muted on the device?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Etski
1 Nickel

Yes I am rdp,I just reloaded latest flash, tried firefox, ie & chrome. Identical results. Kitco videos are playing staccato and are impossible to listen to. Useless ! I have tried every setting for speed, auto, wifi, 3G, edge, none work even though speediest.net gives me 20mb speeds! One thing I've noticed, after disconnecting and logging back on my machine,, the sound stops working and needs to be reset. You guys are really messing with me. 

Did the thin browser really work or was that a scam too? If it works, bring it back!

0 Kudos
Josh-2015
3 Zinc

Etski, my apologies for the troubles you have been experiencing. Can you please try downloading the latest version of the Companion application here:
http://www.wyse.com/serviceandsuppor...20Downloads%29

After updating, are you having the same troubles? Please let me know.

As for thin browser, it did work, but we had a some issues with it and that is why it is no longer a feature.

0 Kudos