Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

August 3rd, 2015 05:00

PocketCloud Premium setup - Thin Browser

PocketCloud Premium setup - Thin Browser

I recently installed pocketcloud to access my desktop via an iPad using my gmail account. I upgraded for the free trial of the premium edition. The companion is installed on my windows desktop and the free app on my iPad.

When i connect via my iPad i do not get the Thin Browser capabilities. All that is shown is File Browser, Desktop Snapshot, Help, Disconnect.

Do i have to download the Pro edition of the app at a cost to do this or is there another configuration i have not completed?

thank you -

23 Posts

August 12th, 2015 07:00

Yes I am rdp,I just reloaded latest flash, tried firefox, ie & chrome. Identical results. Kitco videos are playing staccato and are impossible to listen to. Useless ! I have tried every setting for speed, auto, wifi, 3G, edge, none work even though speediest.net gives me 20mb speeds! One thing I've noticed, after disconnecting and logging back on my machine,, the sound stops working and needs to be reset. You guys are really messing with me. 

Did the thin browser really work or was that a scam too? If it works, bring it back!

23 Posts

I was finally going to breakdown and install companion to use thin browser to view flash videos since flash videos like the ones on video news on kitco.com never work properly. Have you just given up on supporting flash and audio for videos?

23 Posts

Ok, after no response to my last comment, I finally tried installing k-lite basic codec as recommended on your support page. That hasn't helped either. Even more annoying, and maybe this is a clue, after trying to listen to video news on kitco.com on my pc through pocket cloud on my iPad, after disconnecting pocket cloud, sound directly on the pc no longer works. How do I get it back? When reconnecting on pocket cloud, staccato sound still exists there, even logging right back in on the pc, sound lingers on the iPad after rep is terminated by pc login, but then eventually dies. When I close the app on pc and restart it, sound does return to pc. Does this give you any hints to get iPad sound working better? If you really don't have a problem, I'd like to pocket loud into your pc running kitco video news. If it really works, I'll try whatever you recommend.

1.3K Posts

The application does support flash and audio for videos.

23 Posts

streaming does not work

I tried your pocketcloud companion. I totally compromised my security, gave you my google password, tried your auto discovery and every result was identical. I am really ***. I don't believe you have ever tested using the site I suggested, kitco.com and clicking on their video news. I click on it and it's totally stacatto, totally inaudible audio and awful video through rdp on pocket cloud. If you truly have a machine running that allows you to listen to this clearly, let me rdp into it and hear that it works. Otherwise I belileve this is total fraud and you are wasting peoples time on this support forum. I do not believe this part of the product works and I doubt if the thin client portion ever worked either. That's probably why you discontinued it. I guess I must look for alternate RDP software because you guys do not really support this, the scrolling bug makes the screen move all over and I hear no anticipated release date for that problem either. This was the most expensive IPAD app that I have purchased and the major problems remain unaddressed. Your proposed solutions are a waste of time and forced me to open my security to unacceptable levels. I now must spend time uninstalling your proposed solutions and re securing my systems.

Thanks for nothing !

23 Posts

Why don't you try testing with any of the news videos found on kitco.com? Let me know your results!

1.3K Posts

Please download the latest version of the Companion software to see if it helps. There has been changes to help audio/video performance in this release. You can download the latest version here:
http://www.wyse.com/serviceandsuppor...20Downloads%29

If it does not help, you can feel free to uninstall it. There is also a VNC application that will be installed if you do not already have VNC software on your computer. It is called TightVNC. Again it is only installed if you do not already have VNC software installed.

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

23 Posts

So you just gave up supporting flash?

1.3K Posts

I watched a couple videos from that site and only noticed the video being a little choppy at times. The audio played fine for me. We are aware that the performance could be better and we are always working to improve the experience. Please keep an eye out for the newest release hopefully in the next few weeks.

1.3K Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pilot2k5 View Post

I bought the Pro version PURELY for the thin-browser capabilities which are still advertised on your website and in the app store.

As this feature is not available as part of the purchase, this application is not fit for purpose and I require a refund. How do I arrange this?

I am sorry about the trouble and we are working on removing the information about supporting thin-browser as it is no longer supported. For a refund, you can do this through the app store. Here is a walk through on doing this:

http://www.knowyourcell.com/apple/ap..._purchase.html

No Events found!