Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

July 29th, 2015 01:00

PocketCloud Pro Not Working, Old Free Version is Working

Unhappy PocketCloud Pro Not Working, Old Free Version is Working

I don't understand how to setup my connection. I just bought PocketCloud Pro to install on my iPad2. PocketCloud Free is still working on my original iPad 1. The Free version does not work on my iPad2, it gets the same message.

When I try to connect using the newly installed version (2.1.217) on my iPad2 I get:
"Error: VNC: authentication failed: 1"

I'm not sure what to enter for Host and what I see on my iPad 1 does not make sense. Is there anywhere I can see what my "Host" setting should be; currently only showing my computer's name.

Do I need to disconnect the connection that works to get the new one to work.

I have search your online databases and FAQ and cannot find anything related to "VNC: authentication failed".

925 Posts

July 29th, 2015 01:00

Hi Roy,

what is your host machine os?
what vnc application is installed on desktop(tightvnc, real vnc, ultravnc..)
In you connection setting you need to put the ip address of the host ,port and the password for the vnc software.
Note: This password is not the password you use for your os login. It is the password you set on your vnc application. 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

925 Posts

July 31st, 2015 22:00

hi Roy, can you please see system preference-security-firewall tab. Do you have 'allow all incoming connections checked'?

Wyse PocketCloud Team

10 Posts

Firewall: Off

It has not been turned on.

"This computer's firewall is currently turned off. All incoming connections to this computer are allowed."

There is no check-box. Is there another place this might be on a Mac.

10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suchitha View Post

Note: This password is not the password you use for your os login. It is the password you set on your vnc application. 

My host is a Mac. THIS was the problem. I was not using the password I had set for the Remote Management VNC password. I can now make a "Manual Connection".

Now I'll see if I can get a "Discovered Connection" to work.

10 Posts

Version 1.0.32s

Version 1.0.32s download from the PocketCloud Internet website.

My Mac Mini is running Version 10.6.7

925 Posts

Hi Roy, Is this software installed from the app store or the website? version number please?
Latest version is 1.0.32s or 1.0.32a 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

10 Posts

Auto Discovery Login to Google Failing

On my iPad I have no problem logging into Google, however when I try to Sign in to PocketCloud on my Mac after selecting "Auto Discovery Setting" and enter my Google Email and Password I get the message in red: "Failed to log in".

10 Posts

August 3rd, 2015 21:00

I just took a look at the Mac Console and the following messages are being logged about every second. That doesn't seem right.

Sat May 21 07:49:00 mycomputer.home PocketCloudUI[693] : ConnectionShutdown: Shutting down connection.
5/21/11 7:49:00 AM [0x0-0x25025].com.wyse.MacCompanion[693]
Sat May 21 07:49:00 mycomputer.home PocketCloudUI[693] : ConnectionShutdown: User logged out.

Is there any other log that I can look at to see why I am not able to login to Google using MacCompanion?

925 Posts

August 5th, 2015 22:00

Hi Roy, Can you please quit the pocketcloud companion on your mac and start it again . Now login to google service again. I will update you about any log details later. 
Can you login to gmail on the mac or any other google app ? 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

10 Posts

August 5th, 2015 22:00

Still No Go

Cannot login with the Mac Companion.

No problem logging in via Safari or Firefox.

One message in the Console log when I "Quit PocketCloud" is "launchct1: Couldn't stat "/Library/LaunchAgents/com.wyse.MacCompanion.plist" No such file or directory.

August 5th, 2015 23:00

Hi,

I'm sorry that it is not working.
From the message, looks the installation was not complete.
Could you please try following steps.
1. Run uninstall script from top-right menu.
(If you already removed the app, please download the dmg file from website. There is a uninstall script copy inside)
2. Re-install the application.
3. check if Library/LaunchAgents/com.wyse.MacCompanion.plist exists.
If it is not and it is still not working, please let us know.
Thanks!

Regards,
Yute

10 Posts

August 6th, 2015 00:00

That WORKED and now the Console is no longer getting messages every second.

Thanks!

925 Posts

August 6th, 2015 20:00

Hi Roy, We are glad it is working ! Thank you! 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

925 Posts

August 6th, 2015 22:00

Hi Fran, Do the steps mentioned above work for you? 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

1 Message

August 6th, 2015 22:00

Question

This sounds similar to a problem I am having with the PocketCloud companion on my Mac Mini, with the added difficulty that the PocketCloud companion seems to have hijacked the System Preferences link under the Apple menu on my computer.

I can still open System Preferences manually via the Applications folder. The link under the Apple menu functions normally once PocketCloud is uninstalled, but returns with a reinstall.

The path shown is /applications/wyse pocketcloud.app/contents/resources/system preferences.app/contents/macos/system preferences

I am running PocketCloud companion v1.0.32s on a Mac Mini 3.1 running MacOS X v10.5.8

No Events found!