Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 29th, 2015 21:00

PocketCloud Pro and External VGA support

PocketCloud Pro and External VGA support

I am interested in using PocketCloud Pro but I have a couple of questions that I did not find any reference to - even after searching this site, Google or in the User Guide.

How full is the support for using the iPhone VGA adapter along with a Bluetooth keyboard?

Specifically, I have tried a few other RDP apps and while some claim to support a VGA display, the keyboard/mouse emulation is not complete. With PocketCloud, if I am just looking at the display can I see the mouse pointer on the VGA screen? Can I pop up a virtual keyboard on the VGA display for the special keys (Ctrl-C, Windows key, etc.) that are not supported on the Bluetooth keyboard? Can I just use the iPhone/iPad as I would a touchpad, without taking my eyes off the VGA display?

Thanks.

Kevin

2 Posts

August 1st, 2015 04:00

I am currently using Pro to VNC into a Mac and I can tell you that the mouse cursed does not show up on the external display. 

This makes it rather difficult to use my iPhone/iPad as a 'trackpad' since there is no reference on the external display. 

It is also worth noting that if there is an external mouse already attached to the remote machine, it's cursor is not displayed either. 

An option to enable/disable cursor display would be fantasic.

544 Posts

August 1st, 2015 04:00

I think that's a great suggestion! Please add it to our Feature Requests page for tracking: http://wysetechnologyinc.zendesk.com...ature-requests.

2 Posts

August 5th, 2015 04:00

No Events found!