PocketCloud Pro iOS Update Renders Product Unusable

PocketCloud Pro iOS Update Renders Product Unusable

The latest update breaks PocketCloud Pro to the point of being Completely unusable!

Devices tested: IOS 7, ipad 2. | ios 7, iPhone 4

1. Mouse issues-click, double click, click and hold. Who knows? I can't figure it out. Sometimes double click works in place of single click. Sometimes it locks the mouse left button down mode, sometimes it just does nothing. Unusable...
2. Keyboard doesn't work properly. Stickey, missing key presses, extra key presses.Unusable...
3.Floating mouse/toolbox. The + icon appears. click to show tools. As soon as you move the mouse, the tools disappear and it reverts to just the + icon again. Sometimes it stays expanded.... Sometimes it doesn't. Very random. Usable... But extremely annoying.

I can no longer even use the product. The tech team at work has always recommended iTap. I purchased PocketCloud anyway because I used to like its interface better. Anyone know if iTap would actually be a good replacement.., in particular, supporting terminal services gateway connections as good as PocketCloud did?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
KatieCT
1 Copper

RE: PocketCloud Pro iOS Update Renders Product Unusable

ThePanther, whatever product you choose going forward, make sure it is a product that the creator stands by and has customer support for. I can't believe Dell endorses a Wyse product and yet the PocketCloud app has been down since October 26 and 11 days later still with no fix. Very disappointing. I submitted a request at the Dell Wyse customer support on their website, and received a response email that they cannot provide support to me because I have the free version. Wow, really? Since 2007, I have purchased (2) Dell XPS Gaming Laptops, (2) Dell Alienware Gaming Laptops and (1) Dell Alienware Aurora Gaming PC. I guess the $15,000 I spent at Dell means nothing.

0 Kudos
Josh-2015
4 Tellurium

Hey guys, our apologies for the inconvenience. We have already submitted the fix to Apple (usually takes a week to publish) so there should be a fix available in the app store anytime now.

Unfortunately we can only support customers who purchased PocketCloud Pro via our ticketing system, but we do support Free users on here.

All of the issues reported above should be addressed in this update.

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

0 Kudos
Highlighted
lusid1
1 Copper

Quote Originally Posted by ThePanther View Post
Anyone know if iTap would actually be a good replacement.., in particular, supporting terminal services gateway connections as good as PocketCloud did?

Sure, if you had already bought it and installed it. If not, you're out of luck because it's been discontinued (read: sold to microsoft). Microsoft stripped it down and re-released it as RD Client for iOS. Its not tragically bad, certainly in better shape than PocketCloud at this point, but its not iTap either. It may work out for you if you only connect to windows devices and are stuck behind a TS/RDS gateway.

0 Kudos
Josh-2015
4 Tellurium

PocketCloud Pro 2.2.271 has been released to the app store. Please update and let me know how it goes for you guys.

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

0 Kudos