Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 3rd, 2015 02:00

PocketCloud connection problem over VPN using iPhone 4S

PocketCloud connection problem over VPN using iPhone 4S

Hello,

I am using PocketCloud v2.2.123 on an iPhone 4S. When I am in my company's office, on the internal wi-fi, I can connect to a server using RDP, no problem. However, when I turn off wi-fi and VPN into the network using Cisco AnyConnect over the 3G network, I can ping the server in question, but RDP gives the "Could not connect to server" message.

To me, I would think this means I am hitting a firewall somewhere. However, I have checked with my Network Security team, and they do not see the firewall denying any connections from the IP on my iPhone. They verified port 3389 is open.

Finally, I installed a different RDP app, and that allows me to RDP to the server in question (over port 3389), while VPN'ed in. However, I would much prefer to use PocketCloud.

Any ideas what the hangup could be?

Thanks,

John

Sorry - I neglected to say the server I want to connect to is Windows 2008 standard SP1.

544 Posts

Works fine for me. iPhone on 3G > Cisco AnyConnect > RDP connects without issue to my internal IP address. Strange that it's working with another RDP app.

-Chris

No Events found!