Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P2

July 28th, 2015 07:00

PocketCloud not Discovering my PC

PocketCloud not Discovering my PC

I have downloaded and install the necessary apps for my iPhone and for my Windows 7 PC, set up a Gmail account and configured everything properly, however my iPhone can not auto discover my PC connection. I have run the diagnostic on my PC and everything checks out fine and I am logged in on both the PC and the iPhone, but it doesn't detect the PC. What can I do to resolve this?

925 Posts

July 28th, 2015 22:00

Hi Pbickler, Is this windows 7 home edition? 
Are you able to browse the net using safari?
do you see any connection grayed out there? 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

925 Posts

hi pbickler, Apple safari app on your ipad.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

I am running Windows 7 Professional in a corporate network environment. I do not have Safari installed, I use IE8. Do I need to have Safari installed?

The app is not installed on an iPad, but on my iPhone, and yes, Safari is working fine.

925 Posts

It is one of those native apps on ios. 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

925 Posts

July 31st, 2015 04:00

Are you on 3g or wifi? what do you see when you login to google service?

Wyse PocketCloud Team

925 Posts

August 3rd, 2015 20:00

pbickler,

1. Please logout from google and login again on both the device and the companion.
2. do enable rdp on your desktop. Instructions are in the knowledge base,
http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/e...remote-desktop

Thanks! 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

August 5th, 2015 21:00

Thank you, restarting both of the services took care of it. I had logged out of the iPhone app a number of times, but never the PC.

925 Posts

hi pbickler, Great! Glad it is working for you!

Wyse PocketCloud Team

1 Message

Hi there,

I'm having a similiar issue. I have two windows 7 pro pc's using the same gmail email. The ipad only shows one at a time, if you logout and login and one computer it will show and bump the other computer off. I tried:

1. Please logout from google and login again on both the device and the companion.
2. do enable rdp on your desktop. Instructions are in the knowledge base,
http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/e...remote-desktop

but this did not work. Thanks.

2 Posts

August 5th, 2015 23:00

OK, I've got Loopback connected, and I'm still not connecting. It's just showing waiting for a long time. It does show the computer online though regardless of the network I'm on (home or office). Anything else I should be looking at?

925 Posts

Please restart the pocketcoud companion service and login back.
Logout from ipad-google service and login again. 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

925 Posts

Hi Schurger, can you please turn of the computer sleep. Please set this option on your desktop. 
Controlpanel-poweroptions-choose when computer sleep to 'never' 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

2 Posts

Connection trouble

I'm having a similar issue, but logging in/out doesn't help except that it is recognizing that status of the computer. In short, the iPad seems to be taking an awfully long time for the connection to take.

I'm running Vista 64 Home Edition on a HP touchsmart, which is its own sort of strange from what other programmers have told me in the past. TightVNC server is running.

The only thing I see that is consistent at all is the RDP port for 3389 fails. I'm using google to connect, so most of this should be pretty automatic. Help would be appreciated.

925 Posts

Hi Schurger, 

Home edition does not support rdp.
Please connect using vnc. 
Please make sure loopback connection is allowed in vnc configuration.
Thanks! 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

No Events found!