Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

July 29th, 2015 21:00

PocketCloud not starting

PocketCloud not starting

I just purchased PocketCloud for an IPad and it won't start. It just closes immediately. I have it installed on another IPad so I know it should work. Any ideas on what I can try? I've never had a new app fail to start like this.

-cf
Craig
Champaign, Illinois

Re: PocketCloud not starting

I am not sync'ing this IPad through ITunes. I am intending it to be a corporate device not a personal one. Pocketcloud was obtained through Apple's new volume purchase program

-cf
Craig

Hi Craig,

Could you try removing and installing?
If it is still not working, please try synchronizing with iTunes.

Thanks,
Yu-Te

August 1st, 2015 02:00

I'm having similar issues, not very happy with this £8.99 app that I can't use.

August 6th, 2015 00:00

After signing into the app store to "buy" a free app, PocketCloud started working. I suspect it will only work when an account is established. Not sure why. Certainly that's not good for how I want to deploy these devices

Can anyone from Wyse confirm this behavior?

-cf
Craig

2 Posts

I just installed PocketCloud last night and it worked fine. This morning the app is behaving just as described in this post. It closes immediatly, just initial splash screen is shown for a couple of seconds. I restarted my iPad and the app still dont work. Have any one solved the issue? The only difference is that I am at the office network not at home.

Hi Craig,

Do you mean purchase another random free app from AppStore?
Or do you mean register PocketCloud Premium?

PocketCloud should be working without any further purchasing.
There must be some issues there we haven't noticed.

Thanks,
Yu-Te

I downloaded PocketCloud onto a fresh iPad from the Apple Volume Purchase program and it worked perfectly. I am not sure why it didn't work on the previous iPad. 

I still have to sign into iTunes with a personal account to download the app which makes corporate use of these devices still somewhat dubious but that's a matter for Apple.

At least I can load PocketCloud, sign-out of iTunes and hand the device to someone else to use at our hospital. 

Thanks for the replies.

-cf
Craig

200 Posts

Hopefully we'll be able to resolve this issue for you. Ideally we'll find out what's causing this problem. 
Did you get a chance testing it back at your home network?
Does it make a difference if you start in Landscape Vs Portrait?

Wyse PocketCloud Team

I mean buying some other random app.

I will try it again with another IPad. I have six to deploy and purchased 3 licenses for PocketCloud from the Volume Purchase Program.

-cf
Craig

2 Posts

August 6th, 2015 01:00

Yes, it worked fine at home. 

I did some troubleshooting and the problem is when Signing to Google is activated. When ON, PocketCloud attempts to connect to Google using a port other than 80 or 443 ( that are usually blocked inside corporate firewalls ) having PocketCloud to end abruptually when no response from Google is received. 

I just turend OFF the feature when at home, got back to the office and PocketCloud is now able to connect to my laptop in the office.

200 Posts

Thanks for the details, this is very helpful!!! We'll try to resolve this.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

1 Message

I am having the same issue

I will try the google fix. Thx...

No Events found!