Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

I

July 30th, 2015 01:00

PocketCloud will connect to my PC while on the same network, but not outside of it...

PocketCloud will connect to my PC while on the same network, but not outside of it...

Hello....
I would appreciate any help with this problem. My pocket cloud app will connect to my home desktop while I am connected to the Internet from within the same network, but as soon as I leave and connect to a different network or connect to 3G, it will no longer connect. I get the same generic error message "server not found". I have tried using the uVerse gateways IP address instead of the machine and have had no luck. I am assuming it is probably a setting issue within the gateway, but cannot figure it out. Have a great day...

The particulars....
Latest version of Wyse PocketCloud for iOS
Running on iPad 32gb, wifi 3G, running latest iOS software
Trying to connect to a gateway desktop PC running windows 7 ultimate
That is wirelessly connected to ATT uverse through a 2wire router

544 Posts

August 1st, 2015 22:00

Please install the PocketCloud Companion. Installing that will resolve this problem.

-Chris
Wyse Technology

August 6th, 2015 03:00

Hey Chris....
The Wyse companion is installed and running. The only time I have an issue is when the iPad is connected to another network (I.e. Work or a hotspot) or if I am connected via 3G. When I am on my home network, the same as the desktop, it connects via an RDP connection just fine. Am I only able to connect via a VNC connection when outside of my home network?

544 Posts

August 6th, 2015 04:00

No. You should be able to connect via RDP or VNC when using the Companion Application. Please launch the app on your iPad and tell me if your computer is listed under "Discovered Connections" or "Manual Connections".

-Chris

August 6th, 2015 21:00

It is a manual connection. I do not have a gmail account so I chose to set it up that way.

544 Posts

You need your external IP address to connect over 3G or outside your own Wi-Fi network. You can visit http://whatsmyip.net to find out what that is. 

You will also need to setup port forwarding in your router. You can learn how to do that herehttp://www.wyse.com/products/softwar.../faq/index.asp under "How do I configure my router for RDP so I can connect to my home PC?". The instructions will be a bit different for your AT&T Gateway, you may need to call them to figure out how to do it.

-Chris

Awesome man. Yeah I actually tried to enter in that external IP address with no results, but I knew that probably needed to find its way into the mix somehow. I will work on the router ASAP and post results promptly. Thanks for all of your help.

623 Posts

August 7th, 2015 00:00

If port forwarding is working correctly, you should be able to connect to your PC from outside your network from any Windows PC using the RDP client. This will help you isolate the problem. If you can connect from a PC, you should be able to connect with PocketCloud. You can also visit our knowlege base at www.wyse.com/manuals and search for KB article #18295 for more information on port forwarding. 

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

August 7th, 2015 00:00

Well I have tried everything and still am not having any luck, although I'm not 100% sure I've set up the port forwarding correctly in the 2wire gateway, so my next step is to contact att support. I'll update the thread when I am finished with them.

No Events found!