Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

W2

August 3rd, 2015 04:00

Pocketcloud Companion not doing anything

Pocketcloud Companion not doing anything

I have downloaded pocketCloud onto my iPad. I have downloaded the Mac Download for PocketCloud Companion onto my mac (MacOSX10.7.3) but it hasn't done anything other than install it. If I click on it (on the Mac) nothing happens. O the iPad, I am still waiting for remote sign in, but nothing is happening. How long does it take?
Should the application (PocketCloud Companion) not open on the Mac?

1.3K Posts

August 3rd, 2015 04:00

Sorry for the trouble, do you see the kite icon in the system tray (up near the clock)? If you do, click on it and see if it says you are signed in. If you don't see that icon, I would like you to try uninstalling the Companion and install it again. It should not take more than a few seconds to successfully sign in.

Please use this process to remove the companion:
-Right-click on the PocketCloud Kite and select "Quit PocketCloud"
-Open Finder
-Go to Applications
-Find PocketCloud Companion App
-Right-click on PocketCloud Companion App and select "Move to Trash"

You can download the latest version of the companion software here:
http://www.wyse.com/serviceandsuppor...20Downloads%29

Please let me know if this helps.

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

1.3K Posts

August 6th, 2015 09:00

Glad to hear that worked.

If you want to access your computer from your iPad with a automatic connection, you will need to leave it signed in on the companion (on your computer). If it is not signed in, you would not be able to access it with a automatic connection. You could still create a manual connection if you did not want to leave the companion software signed in.

Unfortunately if your computer is asleep, there is no way for our application to wake it because WOL is not supported. I suggest setting your computer to have the display go to sleep and not the hard drive if you are planning to access the computer.

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

August 6th, 2015 09:00

Thanks. That worked! Do I have to keep my computer signed in all the time, if I want to access it from my iPad, or if it's not signed in, but the password is saved, will it just do it automatically? Also, will it wake it up, if it's asleep? If not, how do I wake it up. It has MacOSX Lion, which seems to be a problem with most WOL facilities.

No Events found!