Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 31st, 2015 21:00

Pocketcloud RDP over iPad VPN

Pocketcloud RDP over iPad VPN

Hello,

I’m using Pocketcloud Pro to connect to a Windows Server 2008 Terminal Server. To enhance the security of the network port 3389 has been blocked. To connect to the network I have to create a VPN connection into the network then RDP into the server using “TERMINAL.domain.local” this works fine from a laptop but will not work from an ipad.

The VPN on the iPad connects fine and I can see it connected in routing and remote access on the Windows Server. I have tried setting up pocketcloud using terminal.domain.local but the connection tries to connect then stops with the error “RDP Seesion Disconnected” I have tried all combinations of host address including terminal.domain.local, terminal, 192.168.45.250, none of which will allow the connection.

When port 3389 was open I could connect fine using the remote IP address.

Can anyone shed any light on how to do this or if it is even possible. I have searched on Google and this forum and don’t seem to be able to find any information relevant to this problem, any help anyone can offer will by gratefully received.

Remote PC’s
SBS 2008
Server 2008 Terminal Server
PocketCloud Pro version: 2.2.231

Thanks

2 Posts

August 5th, 2015 09:00

Hello,

Got it working without using VPN, I set up the server as a TS Gateway Server and purchased a GoDaddy SSL Certificate, this has worked well and can now log into computers on the network over HTTPS without port 3389 being open.

1.3K Posts

August 5th, 2015 09:00

Good news! Thanks for the update.

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

No Events found!