Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 11th, 2015 02:00

Pocketcloud explorer works intermittently

Pocketcloud explorer works intermittently

I have installed pocketcloud desktop on Microsoft Windows SBS 2003 terminal server. I have selected 2 directories to share. Initially I accessed files remotely with project explorer on my ipad without any problems. Then I connected 2 other ipads to the same share which worked to start off with but now I often can't access files even though the project explorer software says I'm connected and all the diagnostics on the desktop software come back as ok. I can browse to the file I want but when I try to open it nothing happens.

Pocketcloud have given me a list of questions which I will now answer:-

1- What is the version NUMBER of PocketCloud you are using on your smartphone or tablet? 
(see link below if you don't know how to find this information)? (REQUIRED):

Pocketcloud Explorer Version 1.1.30

2- What version NUMBER of PocketCloud Windows or Mac Companion is installed/or are you trying to install on your computer(e.g. 2.4.17, 2.0.32S, NONE)?(REQUIRED):

3- What version of Windows are you using on your Computer (e.g. XP, Vista, Win 7, 2003 Server, 2008 R2 server)?:

Microsoft Windows 2003

4- What Edition of Windows are you using on your Computer (e.g. Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise, Ultimate)?:

R2 Terminal Server

5- What version of Mac OS X are you using on your Computer (e.g. Lion, Mountain Lion, 10.8.3)?:

Not applicable

6- What is the model of the smartphone or tablet you are using(e.g. Galaxy S3, iPhone, iPhone4, iPad3, Galaxy Tab 2

ipad 4

7- What is the version NUMBER of the operating system (Android/iOS) used on the smartphone or tablet?:

8- What are the exact error messages (if any) that you are getting:
a- on your SMARTPHONE or TABLET?:

ipad says error operation timed out

b- on your COMPUTER?:

No errors on computer

9- What Type of connection are you using on your smartphone or tablet(Select from options below)?

b- Discovered

10- What "Connection Method" are you using on your smartphone or tablet (Select from options below)?

b- VNC

11- Was this setup working before or is this a new installation? 

This is a new installation. It works intermittently

Thanks for your help

1.3K Posts

August 11th, 2015 03:00

How is your Internet connections signal strength when you are experiencing this trouble?

Are you using wifi or 3G/4G?

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

1.3K Posts

Do you know when specifically this behavior started for you? Did it happen after doing a firmware update on your iPad by any chance?

Josh Maurer

1.3K Posts

Is it possible that this is happening while your device is switching between wifi and 4G or is this happening even when on a steady 4g or wifi connection?

Josh Maurer

8 Posts

It's happening on a steady wireless connection with high signal strength. The 4g may not be stable as we are in a no / low mobile signal area.

8 Posts

I am using an ADSL wireless network as well as 4G so signal strength shouldn't be an issue.

8 Posts

Thanks for your reply no there wasn't a firmware update it started just after I had setup pocketcloud explorer on more than 1 pad which was about half an hour after the first setup so I hadn't done much testing.

1.3K Posts

Do you have any special security settings enabled on your server? Have you tried adding PocketCloud to any allowed applications within your Firewall or Anti-Virus?

Josh Maurer

No Events found!