Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 29th, 2015 06:00

Pocketcloud for ipad doesnt type symbols in console sessions

Pocketcloud for ipad doesnt type symbols in console sessions

Hi,

I am testing out Pocketcloud on my ipad 2. i want to use it to manage vmware hosted servers remotely. one problem i see is if i get onto a server's console, i cannot type any symbols (/.,?!'$&@\)

This makes server management very difficult is there some workaround? I definitely want to buy if it can help me with this task.

thanks

August 1st, 2015 03:00

I am having the same issue. I am using my iPad 2 to connect to a desktop session, and then using a 3rd part remote control program on that desktop to connect to a server console. I am unable to type any symbols within that console from the iPad Pocket cloud app. All other letters try ok within the console session I am running. 

I am using PocketCloud to manually RDP into my desktop computer. From the Desktop I am using a program called GoverLAN to remote control a server conosle session, this is where I am unable to type any symbols. 

Any suggestions or help wouold be appreciated as this does affect server management for me as well.

925 Posts

August 1st, 2015 03:00

Hi Brad & peter,The virtual keyboard-click on the lower leftmost key(.?123). That will bring up all the keys that you are interested.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

August 5th, 2015 05:00

Quote Originally Posted by Suchitha View Post

Hi Brad & peter,The virtual keyboard-click on the lower leftmost key(.?123). That will bring up all the keys that you are interested. 

I have the keys and I can bring up the key's just fine. When a symbol key is pressed, the keystroke doesn't pass through to the console I am attempting to type on and appear on the screen. 

If I use a windows RDP client to connect to this same session, the symbol keys pass through just fine. Only when I use PocketCloud is when the symbol key's do not pass through to the console session in my RDP connection.

544 Posts

August 5th, 2015 05:00

Hey Guys - This is a known issue. We hope to fix in a future release.

Sorry for the inconvenience. 

-Chris

No Events found!