Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 30th, 2015 09:00

Problem Connected from Companion

Problem Connected from Companion

I'm trying to input my gmail information into the companion and it keeps saying "invalid user name/password" I tried to log in to gmail thru my browser and it did not give me the option shown under the "read first" thread. Also, I have enabled all remote desktop features in firewall. And, it let me use this information to log in from the iPad. I'm using Windows 7. The only thing I can think of is I got some weird error about the windows installer not functioning properly, though it did install fine.

ED: I used the test RDP and VNC connectivity, and both failed.

544 Posts

Are you running Windows 7 Home/Pro/Ultimate?

In PocketCloud does "Discovered Connections" say [On] or [Off]?

623 Posts

What is your version of Windows 7 (Home Premium, Professional, Ultimate, etc.)?
Home Premium does not include support for RDP, and VNC is not installed on Windows machines. In order for Windows Companion to work, you will need to install a VNC Server program. There are many free and paid versions available on the web. Please review the Wyse PocketCloud Users Guide for more information on recommended programs and requirements. To download the guide, please go to www.wyse.com/manuals and search for "20015"

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

No Events found!