Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

July 28th, 2015 07:00

Problem using autodiscovery on second pc on same network?

Problem using autodiscovery on second pc on same network?

I am having some issues using autodiscovery on two of my pc's using the same gmail account and Pocketcloud Pro on my ipad2 and/or iphone 4 (same results on either device).

I installed Autodiscovery on my first pc and the RDP and VNC connections showed up and work correctly.

I then tried to put Autodiscovery companion on my second computer. I logged into the same gmail account and the diagnostics menu also suggests that everything with RDP and VNC is ok on this second pc.

In the Pocketcloud app on the ipad I get 4 discovered connections showing up as expected, vnc and rdp for both of the computers. 

However if I try to connect to either the rdp or the vnc connection of the second computer it just sits at the WYSE Loading screen. It never seems to give an error, just sits there with the spinning loading thing.

I tried logging out and disconnecting the first computer and resetting ipad/2nd pc/router all to no avail. Although my second pc seems to be detected as a connection ok, it will never get past the loading screen. 

I discovered that I can manually set the connection to the second pc if I also forward ports in my router to the second local ip address. I'd prefer not to do this however.

Is it possible to have two pc's on the same network using the Autodiscovery method?

925 Posts

July 28th, 2015 07:00

Yes rx, we can have more than one computer in autodiscovery.
Please make sure you have network coverage(browse the internet)

Wyse PocketCloud Team

10 Posts

July 28th, 2015 08:00

Yes both computers have internet connection, I'm posting this message from the problematic pc.

I have the latest version of companion (2.1.14) on both. 

The program on ipad or iphone just never gets past the loading screen trying to connect to this one with autodiscovery. The first pc always connects very quickly. The second never connects even if i turn the first off altogether.

Both PC's are on wired ethernet connections to my router. I get the same results trying to connect from the ipad/iphone from the wireless connection on the router or turning wifi off and trying to connect from the 3g connection.

I've checked windows software firewall settings and they are the same on both. Both PCs show no issues when I do the diagnostic check on the companion app.

10 Posts

July 30th, 2015 01:00

Oh I might also add, both computers are running win7 professional, although the problematic pc is an OEM licence. I have been able to connect to it via RDP and VNC from other computers and manually configuring pocketcloud, but it just never seems to connect to this pc using autodiscovery. There are no additional firewall or security programs on either, other than windows firewall and microsoft security essentials

10 Posts

Yes the rdp setting is on allow any user. I have been able to setup a manual connection in pocketcloud to the troublesome pc, however this required that I go into the routers port forwarding (its a Draytek v2700G) and forward 3389 to the local ip of the computer. While I had done this the autodiscovery on my other working pc still connected, however the autodiscovered connections for the problem pc still did not want to connect. I would prefer to be able to use the autodiscovery method for both computers rather than changing my router setting and forwarding that port.

Thanks for your help so far 

925 Posts

Rx, Can you try manual connection? Does that work? Just to narrow down the issue. Make sure the remote desktop settings is set to 'allow any user to connect'

Wyse PocketCloud Team

10 Posts

July 31st, 2015 05:00

I've tried putting the problem PC on a different network and autodiscovery still does not work, just sits there loading forever, so I dont think it is my router settings. It definitely seems like there is an issue with the Autodiscovery software on this particular pc.

Are there any additional applications or drivers that need to be installed? I realised this pc didnt have itunes whereas the other did so I tried installing that didnt work.

544 Posts

Make sure you only have one version of the app installed on your iPad (Free or Pro). If you have both then this will cause problems.

10 Posts

Still no luck

I tried deleting the app from every device and also from itunes. Re synced the devices then re downloaded the pro app only. Still just sits at loading screen on auto discovery.

I can create multiple connections from the app so its definitely running the pro app, as the free one always popped up a message when i tried that.

I tried making a new gmail account but that also didnt work either. 

There must be some problem with the companion program on these other computers??? It works fine on the first computer I ran it on but not on any other computer I've tried it on after that. I'm stuck for ideas tried almost everything I can think of!

10 Posts

I now also found that a 3rd machine cannot be connected to using autodiscovery. I put it on my laptop pc which is only win7 home premium so no rdp but I installed tightvnc with loopback connections allowed. I can setup a manual vnc connection to this machine from my ipad, but again trying to connect on the companion app discovered connection just sits at the loading screen forever.

Could this have anything to do with the fact that I started using the free pocket cloud app which is limited to 1 connection?? I have since bought the Pro version of the app, but it seems I am still only able to autoconnect to the pc that I connected to in the first instance with the free app??

925 Posts

Rx, It is possible. Can you please delete the app and reinstall the pro.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

10 Posts

Yep there is definitely only the pro version on my devices.

I deleted all copies of pocket cloud off my iPad2 and iPhone4. I deleted all copies from the apps section in iTunes on my pc. I then synced both devices in iTunes to make sure the app was off on both. It did not appear on either device after syncing.

I then redownloaded only the pro version of the app on my iPad. It Still gets stuck at loading for auto discovered connections.

925 Posts

July 31st, 2015 06:00

HI, when your app gets stuck, Are you on 3g or wifi?

Wyse PocketCloud Team

10 Posts

July 31st, 2015 08:00

I've tried two different 3g connections (Australian Optus and Telstra networks) and my home wifi network. I've also tried connecting my computers with the iphone hotspot (tethering) and connecting with my ipads different 3g network to elimate the possibility of my home adsl/wifi network being the problem but it gave the same results.

All give the same result, one computer works fine on autodiscovery while my second desktop and my laptop both get stuck on loading when trying to connect.

10 Posts

Hi Suchitha. The rdp port shows up in the registry as a double word 0x00000d3d or 3389 as an integer. I believe this is the default port for RDP. It can connect to RDP on a local network. 

The companion app diagnostics get a green tick for each of the three different tests it does. Also on the options of companion app, the test button confirms RDP on port 3389 and VNC to port 5900 (VNC has the same issues as RDP)

I have tried every combination I can think of, logging out and back in to my google account on both the companion app, the ipad app as well as in my browser on the PC. Still seems to stall on the loading screen from the ipad app.

I decided to watch my network traffic from the adapter properties and networking utilization in task manager when I try to initiate connection. There is noticable increase in data transfer immediately when I attempt to connect. Although not really conclusive, it does suggest to me that perhaps the ipad app is able to connect or transfer some data to and from with the companion app and something is getting stuck along the way?

It will also sit there with the spinning logo for what seems like forever. However I did notice that if I shut down the computer while it is trying to connect it eventually says "RDP Session Disconnected"

925 Posts

HI Rx, I wonder if it has anything to do with the os license on the desktop?
would it be possible to give us a test account on your desktop, so we can troubleshoot?

Wyse PocketCloud Team

No Events found!