Chris-2015
3 Silver

RE: Problem using autodiscovery on second pc on same network?

Make sure you only have one version of the app installed on your iPad (Free or Pro). If you have both then this will cause problems.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
rx8geek
1 Nickel

Yep there is definitely only the pro version on my devices.

I deleted all copies of pocket cloud off my iPad2 and iPhone4. I deleted all copies from the apps section in iTunes on my pc. I then synced both devices in iTunes to make sure the app was off on both. It did not appear on either device after syncing.

I then redownloaded only the pro version of the app on my iPad. It Still gets stuck at loading for auto discovered connections.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Suchitha
3 Argentium

HI, when your app gets stuck, Are you on 3g or wifi?

Wyse PocketCloud Team

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
rx8geek
1 Nickel

I've tried two different 3g connections (Australian Optus and Telstra networks) and my home wifi network. I've also tried connecting my computers with the iphone hotspot (tethering) and connecting with my ipads different 3g network to elimate the possibility of my home adsl/wifi network being the problem but it gave the same results.

All give the same result, one computer works fine on autodiscovery while my second desktop and my laptop both get stuck on loading when trying to connect.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Suchitha
3 Argentium

hi RX,
May I know the configured rdp port number on the second machine? you can see it in the registry. If you need to know the exact location I can look it up for you.
Thanks!

Wyse PocketCloud Team

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Suchitha
3 Argentium

On the desktop, Can you please logout and relogin to google ? If that does not work please restart the pocketcloud service on your desktop.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
rx8geek
1 Nickel

Hi Suchitha. The rdp port shows up in the registry as a double word 0x00000d3d or 3389 as an integer. I believe this is the default port for RDP. It can connect to RDP on a local network. 

The companion app diagnostics get a green tick for each of the three different tests it does. Also on the options of companion app, the test button confirms RDP on port 3389 and VNC to port 5900 (VNC has the same issues as RDP)

I have tried every combination I can think of, logging out and back in to my google account on both the companion app, the ipad app as well as in my browser on the PC. Still seems to stall on the loading screen from the ipad app.

I decided to watch my network traffic from the adapter properties and networking utilization in task manager when I try to initiate connection. There is noticable increase in data transfer immediately when I attempt to connect. Although not really conclusive, it does suggest to me that perhaps the ipad app is able to connect or transfer some data to and from with the companion app and something is getting stuck along the way?

It will also sit there with the spinning logo for what seems like forever. However I did notice that if I shut down the computer while it is trying to connect it eventually says "RDP Session Disconnected"

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Suchitha
3 Argentium

HI Rx, I wonder if it has anything to do with the os license on the desktop?
would it be possible to give us a test account on your desktop, so we can troubleshoot?

Wyse PocketCloud Team

Tags (1)
0 Kudos