Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

July 29th, 2015 03:00

Problem with Wyse PocketCloud Companion on Windows 7

Problem with Wyse PocketCloud Companion on Windows 7

I have been having problems with the pocketcloud windows companion.

I installed the software of my ipad and the companion on my PC, which is running Windows 7 (over a corporate network). I am always getting the following message when I running the diagnostic "An access denied error occured when configuring your remote desktop."

I disabled the firewall and disabled Symantec. Nothing happened and kept getting that error.

Thanks for your help

5 Posts

Dear Chris, 

Thanks for the reply. 

I have tried this prior to sending the post. I am a member of Administrator. 

Any other potential things I could try. 

Regards

544 Posts

1) Go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools.
2) Open "Computer Management".
3) Click on "Local Users and Groups".
4) Click on "Users".
5) Right click on your account name and select "Properties".
6) Click the "Member Of" tab.
7) Make sure "Administrators" is listed. If it isn't then you should add it.

You are most likely going to need to have your IT Department make you an administrator on your computer.

145 Posts

August 1st, 2015 01:00

This error happens when PocketCloud cannot read/write windows system settings. This could be normally due to some antivirus or corporate security software. You can ignore this if your connection is successful.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

544 Posts

Can you take a screenshot of the issue? That will help us debug it.

1) Press the "Print Screen" key.
2) Open Paint.
3) Press "Ctrl + V".
4) Save the file.
5) Upload it to an image file sharing service and post it here.

5 Posts

145 Posts

August 3rd, 2015 21:00

1. Can you verify whether your RDP/VNC is enabled? If not you can do that by enabling Allow users to connect to remotely in "control panel->System->Remote Tab".
2. Also verify remote desktop application is an exception in the firewall. If you have disabled firewall that will be good enough.
3. Trying to connect using manual connection is an option to verify your RDP is working?
4. If none of the above succeeded, can you give more details
a) What OS are you running?
b) Is your computer is behind a corporate proxy server. 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

5 Posts

Hi, 

1. Have enabled RDP/VNC 
2. Have disabled firewall
3. I don't know how to connect using manual connection. Couldn't find any guidance in user manual or forums
4. My OS is Windown 7 Corporate. I am not using a proxy server. In fact, my colleagues who are running Windows XP in the same corporate and have the same settings are able to work with Wyse. Only those with Windows 7 are having problems

145 Posts

1. You can find details on how to do manual rdp connection from the user guide( section: Remote Desktop Connections (Supported Windows PC - RDP Only) . User guide can be found in this location http://www.wyse.com/products/softwar...tcloud/iphone/
2. Can you install a VNC server on your desktop. You can use TightVNC server. After the installation restart the windows companion.
3. Is your google login from the companion succeeded?
4. Is Windows 7 Corporate a Enterprise/Ultimate/Home Edition? 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

925 Posts

Mgold, we do not support this as of now. we will consider this for our future release. Thank you for this valuable feedback! 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

1 Message

I too would like proxy support

5 Posts

I disabled all security software and antivirus on laptop. I have PocketCloud Pro on iPad. Still, I can't see my laptop though the Auto Discovery Option. Both laptop and iPad are connected through my google (gmail) account. Should I try to do a manual connection? How so? 

For your information, I have tried other remote access / cloud computing softwares (as a test) and they worked. However, I purchased PocketCloud and I liked it more (have seen it with other colleagues).

August 5th, 2015 22:00

windows error when installing

Hi Guys I have tried to install pocketcloud on the pc both my laptop and central pc and both gives me a error Application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005).

Any thoughts????

Thhx

o yea its windows 7 pro 64bit legit 

925 Posts

August 6th, 2015 01:00

Hi Jacques, Are you doing a fresh install ? I mean do you have an older version of pocketcloud running? which version? 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

145 Posts

Can you verify the Event Log of Windows to check if it provide any other information about this crash? 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

925 Posts

Hi Jacques, Can you save it locally and then run the installer? 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

No Events found!