Problem with Wyse PocketCloud Companion on Windows 7
I have been having problems with the pocketcloud windows companion.
I installed the software of my ipad and the companion on my PC, which is running Windows 7 (over a corporate network). I am always getting the following message when I running the diagnostic "An access denied error occured when configuring your remote desktop."
I disabled the firewall and disabled Symantec. Nothing happened and kept getting that error.
Thanks for your help
1) Go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools.
2) Open "Computer Management".
3) Click on "Local Users and Groups".
4) Click on "Users".
5) Right click on your account name and select "Properties".
6) Click the "Member Of" tab.
7) Make sure "Administrators" is listed. If it isn't then you should add it.
You are most likely going to need to have your IT Department make you an administrator on your computer.
I disabled all security software and antivirus on laptop. I have PocketCloud Pro on iPad. Still, I can't see my laptop though the Auto Discovery Option. Both laptop and iPad are connected through my google (gmail) account. Should I try to do a manual connection? How so?
For your information, I have tried other remote access / cloud computing softwares (as a test) and they worked. However, I purchased PocketCloud and I liked it more (have seen it with other colleagues).
1. Can you verify whether your RDP/VNC is enabled? If not you can do that by enabling Allow users to connect to remotely in "control panel->System->Remote Tab".
2. Also verify remote desktop application is an exception in the firewall. If you have disabled firewall that will be good enough.
3. Trying to connect using manual connection is an option to verify your RDP is working?
4. If none of the above succeeded, can you give more details
a) What OS are you running?
b) Is your computer is behind a corporate proxy server.
Wyse PocketCloud Team
1. Have enabled RDP/VNC
2. Have disabled firewall
3. I don't know how to connect using manual connection. Couldn't find any guidance in user manual or forums
4. My OS is Windown 7 Corporate. I am not using a proxy server. In fact, my colleagues who are running Windows XP in the same corporate and have the same settings are able to work with Wyse. Only those with Windows 7 are having problems
1. You can find details on how to do manual rdp connection from the user guide( section: Remote Desktop Connections (Supported Windows PC - RDP Only) . User guide can be found in this location http://www.wyse.com/products/softwar...tcloud/iphone/
2. Can you install a VNC server on your desktop. You can use TightVNC server. After the installation restart the windows companion.
3. Is your google login from the companion succeeded?
4. Is Windows 7 Corporate a Enterprise/Ultimate/Home Edition?
Wyse PocketCloud Team