RDP Session Disconnected
I have one computer with Windows XP SP2 behind an NAT environment and had been installed Wyse PocketCloud Windows Companion 2.1.1
I had been configure Auto Discovery,
but when i try to connect with PocketClound in both iPad and iPhone, it shows "RDP session Disconnected"
How can I do to connect this computer with PocketCloud?
Thanks for your help~
Try going to the Wyse Knowledge Base (www.wyse.com/manuals ) and search for document #18295
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
In your KB #18295, It tell me need to configure the router/gateway.
but in your faq,
3. When do you need Auto Discovery?
This will help home users to connect to thier machines even if they are behind a NAT without the need to reconfigure your network (e.g. port forwarding is not required).
I had been try to connect to Windows 7 PC with Auto Discovery via Wi-Fi/ 3G
but it still have problem to connect to the Windows XP PC with Auto Discovery..
Yes you are right, AutoDiscovery will help users to connect to your machines without reconfiguring your router. I need some more information regarding to troubleshoot this issue.
1. Is your computers are behind any corporate firewall (ie, only ports like 80/443 is allowed).
2. Does your computer has a VNC server? If not can you try installing TightVNC (www.tightvnc.com) on the system. You may need to restart the PocketCloud companion after installation.
3. How long it will take to get the "RDP session Disconnected" error.
Wyse PocketCloud Team
1. my computer is behind an firewall. It outgoing services not only 80/443, it have other service could work (ie, ssh,telnet, RDP..)
2. I have been install TightVNC on the system, and also setup "allow loopback connection" in the Access control tab.
I could see the computer icon with VNC in the PocketCloud, When I try connect using the computer with VNC, It shows "Could not connect to server"
3. It took about 30 secs to get the "RDP session Disconnected" error
Try This - It solved my 'RDP Session Disconnected' Issue
I spent an hour trying to use PocketCloud Pro, without success, to RDP into a computer I connect to everyday with my Laptop. In desperation I decided to try something less intuitive. I read the instructions!
My remote computer was running Network Level Authentication and while this is just great for my Windows 7 laptop RDP to Windows 7 desktop, the iPhone does not qualify for this level of authentication.
The troubleshooting guide says this....
1. I am unable to make a RDP connection to the desktop.
This may be due to the following reasons: 1....2....
3. The remote system is not enabled for rdp connection: please enable the following on your remote desktop. my computer-properties-remote settings-allow access from computers running any version of remote desktop.
Make sure if you are connecting to a Windows based computer that you set your System Properties / Remote on that computer to 'Allow connection from computers running any version of Remote Desktop (less secure)'
After doing so my PocketCloud Pro works like a champ!
Remember: Just the FAQs Ma'am
I registered just to comment on this as I was bounced through so many pages that did not address my problem, via google.
I was also getting "Session Disconnected" via pocket cloud pro when I tried to RDP into my Window 7 (64 bit) box. I did not want to install TightVNC or any other client on the dozens of machines I need to access. So I spent the last couple days tinkering here and there to try and figure this out. The post above by Rick Davis was the answer. Thank god he read the directions as I clearly hadn't. I used to use Pocket Cloud Pro all the time but it wasn't working on our newest boxes, hence that setting in windows 7 (may have been in past windows versions as well but I didn't actually set those boxes up).
Anyway, hopefully google spiders this and bumps it up as this fixed my problem perfectly.