Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A2

July 31st, 2015 21:00

RDP disconnect issue

RDP disconnect issue

Alright, so my company recently purchased a few iPads to evaluate their usefulness for our employees. We have a Windows 2003 Terminal server set up, that we normally use to Remote Desktop into via Laptops when we need to do work outside of the office. Unfortunately, doing the same thing using the Wyse Pocket Cloud App does not work.

Every time a connection attempt is made, the RDP Session Disconnected error appears. I notice that several other people are experiencing this same error, with all sorts of different systems (not all Terminal 2003).

I have already read those other topics about this same issue, and the links provided tell me nothing. We can connect via computers with no problem (I am currently sitting in the server on my admin account now). The correct port is open, and connections can be made quite readily via PC clients.

Is there any fix for this issue, or does PocketCloud simply lack the ability to make manual connections to terminal servers?

1.3K Posts

Would you be able to provide me with a test account or at least the server information so we can attempt to reproduce / troubleshoot the issue in house? You can send me the details in a private message.

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post

Would you be able to provide me with a test account or at least the server information so we can attempt to reproduce / troubleshoot the issue in house? You can send me the details in a private message.
my boss just cleared it. PM inbound.

1.3K Posts

August 5th, 2015 09:00

I just heard back from our engineer and he let me know we do not support Windows 2003 Gateways unfortunately. He suggested updating to Windows 2008 R2 if possible. Sorry for the bad news, but thank you for allowing us to test using your server.

Josh Maurer

1.3K Posts

My apologies for the confusion. We do support RDP/VNC connections to Windows 2003, but we do not support RD Gateway connections to Windows 2003.

(I am working on getting the documentation updated)

Josh Maurer

I just heard back from our engineer and he let me know we do not support Windows 2003 Gateways unfortunately. He suggested updating to Windows 2008 R2 if possible. Sorry for the bad news, but thank you for allowing us to test using your server.
Quote Originally Posted by Product Description
SUPPORTED PLATFORMS 
+Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2003 & 2008
i'm confused

1.3K Posts

Thanks for the server information. I have sent it to our engineers and hopefully they can source down the issue and get a fix in with our next release!

Josh Maurer

Thanks for the server information. I have sent it to our engineers and hopefully they can source down the issue and get a fix in with our next release!
no advice for the meantime? and when is your next release scheduled to hit?

thanks for helping btw.
No Events found!