Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

August 5th, 2015 07:00

Rdp connection to console not longer working

Rdp connection to console not longer working

With the latest update (v 2.1.200) it is no longer possible to connect to the console of a Windows 2003 server.
iPad os4.1 pocketcloud version 2.1.200

4 Posts

August 10th, 2015 07:00

Same issue for me , it always confuses me how this type of problem slips through basic testing scripts which should be used for each version release. Pretty unusable for me until this is fixed. on saying that I love the product and look forward to getting this functionality back once more.

August 10th, 2015 07:00

Unhappy

Same thing here. Both local and remote connections are not working after the latest pocket cloud update on the iPad.

544 Posts

August 11th, 2015 05:00

It will be resolved in the next maintenance release which will be out by the end of Q1.

-Chris
Wyse Technology

544 Posts

It was fixed. Can you provide me with detailed reproduction steps as well as what the actual and expected outcomes are?

-Chris
Wyse Technology

4 Posts

Connection to console still broken

Hi chris

i,ve installed the latest update and the connect to console bug is still present , can you confirm if this was really on the list to bug fix or if it's still outstanding.

I'm sure I'm not the only one for which this is a real app breaker 

1 Message

Wow, I am really bummed. I just paid for the iPad app and the console is still not resolved over a month after it was brought up. When will this be resolved? I'd hate to give such a good app a bad review but it will be a big pain to login to my servers and have to connect over to console each and every time. Hope its soon.

623 Posts

Are you using the Windows Companion? If so, what version?

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1 Message

This is a huge issue! It was really worth the investment when and ONLY when console mode worked. While running certain programs on our server, I can no longer remote in b/c console mode does not work which throws errors on the server. Is there a date for this resolve? It worked great until the last update.

200 Posts

Corl, Foxbat,
We appologize for the inconvenience. We'll address the "console mode" problem on the next maintanance release.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

4 Posts

August 24th, 2015 08:00

Hi Chris 

I replicated your test above from end to end.
With pocketcloud the console is still not being selected and a new session created as apposed to a console session.

Validated my ipad and target server by using a different rdp tool with
Immediate success.

Removed ipad app and reinstalled , same issue

For me at least the console issue remains unresolved on the very latest update via the app store

1 Message

Has this OR will this be corrected for servers running the Wyse PocketCLoud Windows Companion?

544 Posts

Console mode is only supported when using a manual connection. The Windows Companion uses a automatic connection and therefore does not support console mode.

-Chris

544 Posts

Hi Foxbat - Can you provide me step by step instructions? This is what I'm doing with my Windows 2003 Server:

1) From my Windows 7 workstation I am going to the Command Prompt and typing "mstsc -v:10.100.108.129 /admin".
2) I open Notepad to ensure that when I connect from my iPad I am seeing the same session.
3) I then connect to the same IP from PocketCloud on my iPad. "Console Mode" is switched ON.

The result is that the session is terminated on my Windows 7 workstation and I see the contents of the existing session on my iPad (Notepad is open).

4 Posts

Hi Chris ,

Prior to 2 updates ago I was able to attach to my 2003 server via the console option.
At that time the functionality was correct and mimiced the following windows scenario.

Mstc.exe /admin

When I used the console option i was like the other people obove able to get onto the physical console session (known as session 0)

Since the december update the fact the console option is on or off it makes no difference the session always connects as an additional standard remote desktop session.

Out of interest when the app invokes the session does it use the /console or /admin switch , on the latest rdc client /admin is supported for legacy reasons /console is ignored

346 Posts

July 3rd, 2023 00:00

There are a few reasons why your RDP connection to the console might not be working anymore. Here are some things you can check:

Make sure that the Remote Desktop service is enabled on the remote computer. You can do this by opening the Services snap-in in Windows (Start > Run > services.msc) and looking for the "Remote Desktop Services" service. The service should be started and set to Automatic.

Make sure that the correct port is being used for RDP. The default port for RDP is 3389. If you have changed the port, make sure that you are using the correct port number when you try to connect.
Make sure that the firewall on the remote computer is not blocking RDP connections. You can check the firewall settings by opening the Windows Firewall with Advanced Security snap-in (Start > Run > firewall.cpl) and going to the "Remote Desktop" rule. The rule should be enabled and allow inbound connections.

Make sure that your computer is able to resolve the IP address of the remote computer. You can check this by opening a command prompt and typing "ping ". If you get a response, then your computer is able to resolve the IP address.

Regards,
James

No Events found!