Foxbat5
1 Copper

RE: Rdp connection to console not longer working

Hi Chris ,

Prior to 2 updates ago I was able to attach to my 2003 server via the console option.
At that time the functionality was correct and mimiced the following windows scenario.

Mstc.exe /admin

When I used the console option i was like the other people obove able to get onto the physical console session (known as session 0)

Since the december update the fact the console option is on or off it makes no difference the session always connects as an additional standard remote desktop session.

Out of interest when the app invokes the session does it use the /console or /admin switch , on the latest rdc client /admin is supported for legacy reasons /console is ignored

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Chris-2015
3 Zinc

Hi Foxbat - Can you provide me step by step instructions? This is what I'm doing with my Windows 2003 Server:

1) From my Windows 7 workstation I am going to the Command Prompt and typing "mstsc -v:10.100.108.129 /admin".
2) I open Notepad to ensure that when I connect from my iPad I am seeing the same session.
3) I then connect to the same IP from PocketCloud on my iPad. "Console Mode" is switched ON.

The result is that the session is terminated on my Windows 7 workstation and I see the contents of the existing session on my iPad (Notepad is open).

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Foxbat5
1 Copper

Hi Chris 

I replicated your test above from end to end.
With pocketcloud the console is still not being selected and a new session created as apposed to a console session.

Validated my ipad and target server by using a different rdp tool with
Immediate success.

Removed ipad app and reinstalled , same issue

For me at least the console issue remains unresolved on the very latest update via the app store

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
BConvery
1 Copper

Has this OR will this be corrected for servers running the Wyse PocketCLoud Windows Companion?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Chris-2015
3 Zinc

Console mode is only supported when using a manual connection. The Windows Companion uses a automatic connection and therefore does not support console mode.

-Chris

Tags (1)
0 Kudos