Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 11th, 2015 02:00

Remote session disconnected only when connecting to 2003 server

Remote session disconnected only when connecting to 2003 server

Sorry, I wrote the title wrong. This only happens on 2003 servers. It works on 2008 R2.

We use Pocketcloud Pro and connect to RAS servers via Remote Desktop Gateway which is on 2012. Recently it seems that going through Pocketcloud on my iPad, it says the session is disconnected. Changing the hostname to a different server, which is 2008 R2, and it connects fine with the same entered password.

NLA is turned off. I also tried putting in the credentials directly for the gateway.

Using the Microsoft client on Windows works fine through the gateway. Using a different client on my iPad (iTap), it connects fine.

I am using the version recently released (v2.2.252) but another user says he's getting the issue on the old version (I'm waiting on what version number shows for him.)

1.3K Posts

My apologies, if RD Gateway is being used, NLA is enabled by our application. Server 2003 does not support NLA, which means you will not be able to connect. Again, this is by design to support Windows 8 servers that require NLA.

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

1.3K Posts

Is the gateway you are using Server 2003 or is the gateway Server 2008? Unfortunately recent changes to our app to support newer OS's (Windows 8, etc), we now force NLA for any gateway connection and if you are using Server 2003 as a gateway, it will no longer work with our application because Server 2003 does not support NLA. Our apologies for the inconvenience.

Josh Maurer

1.3K Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dpeters11 View Post
Is there a timeframe that this is expected to be released, or at least submitted to Apple for approval?

Unfortunately I do not have any time frame on when this issue will be resolved at this point. Our apologies for the inconvenience.

Josh Maurer

14 Posts

The Gateway is 2012. The destination RAS server that does not work anymore is 2003.

1.3K Posts

You are correct, our engineers have let me know they are investigating it again after I was told it was by design. Sit tight guys. Hopefully we will have a fix for this in our next maintenance release!

Josh Maurer

1.3K Posts

Our apologies for this. I have let our product team know to hopefully make this change more clear.

Josh Maurer

14 Posts

Is there a timeframe that this is expected to be released, or at least submitted to Apple for approval?

14 Posts

Seems to me, those users could just select On. It would have been helpful to say in the release notes in the App store that 2003 support was being dropped if going through a gateway, instead of just saying that improvements were made.

14 Posts

I have to admit, I'm a bit disappointed that the version that just came it didn't fix this.

I have a feeling in our environment, we'll make the issue go away once we convert another 600 users to Windows 7 and a 2008 server.

14 Posts

I had sent a message to support, and they indicate that it's an issue being investigated, not that it's by design.

1.3K Posts

August 11th, 2015 03:00

Our apologies for the inconvenience. Just to confirm, you updated to 2.2.258?

Josh Maurer

No Events found!