Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 30th, 2015 01:00

Runtime Error!

Runtime Error!

I just installed PocketCloud on my iPhone 3GS with iOS 4.2.1. Installed Windows Companion (v 2.1.5) on my home computer running XP Home, service pack 3. Also installed TightVNC Service. Connection method is Auto Discovery. On my iPhone my remote home PC is "Discovered Connection [On]" but when I try to connect, after entering my password on the iPhone, I receive an error on the phone ("Could not connect to server.") and I receive a Runtime error on my home PC ("Program: ...yse\PocketCloud Windows Companion\PocketCloudService.exe This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information."). The VNC server on my home PC is configured to accept loopback connections. PocketCloud diagnostics all checked out on home PC. One further note: on my home PC when I right click the Windows Companion and open the Auto Discovery Settings window, the window does not open completely. i was able to enter my google email address and password but the rest of the window is cut off and not expandable.

544 Posts

The companion box being too small is a known issue that we are trying to resolve.

I don't have any ideas on the runtime error. Is there a specific error code associated with it? Can you take a screenshot and upload it here? In the meantime I would suggest that you add a manual VNC connection from the PocketCloud App and connect that way to avoid routing through the PocketCloud Companion.

-Chris
Wyse Technology

544 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jdalina View Post

I did the manual install and "Could not connect to server." I tried it both with the Windows Companion active and shutdown on my home PC. 

What IP address did you enter? Were you connecting over Wi-Fi or 3G?

4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post

What IP address did you enter? Were you connecting over Wi-Fi or 3G? 

Over 3G. IP: 192.168.0.197

4 Posts

I did the manual install and "Could not connect to server." I tried it both with the Windows Companion active and shutdown on my home PC.

4 Posts

August 1st, 2015 23:00

Okay, I changed the IP address on my iPhone in the manual connection. For port forwarding, do I set that up even though I am running XP Home on my home PC?

544 Posts

August 1st, 2015 23:00

Quote Originally Posted by jdalina View Post

Over 3G. IP: 192.168.0.197 

Ok, that's your internal IP address. You need your external IP address to connect over 3G or outside your own Wi-Fi network. You can visit http://whatsmyip.net to find out what that is. 

You will also need to setup port forwarding in your router. You can learn how to do that herehttp://www.wyse.com/products/softwar.../faq/index.asp under "How do I configure my router for RDP so I can connect to my home PC?".

-Chris

No Events found!