Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 1st, 2015 03:00

Spacebar-Paste problem

Spacebar-Paste problem

I use this app every day and for some reason yesterday the space bar now executes the paste function instead of entering a space. If the clipboard is empty the space bar does nothing. I am running the latest iOS6 on the iPad3 and Pocketcloud 2.2.237.

Please help me turn this off.

1.3K Posts

August 1st, 2015 03:00

Have you tried force stopping the application? Is it possible that you have one of the function keys selected (CTRL, ALT, Shift, etc.)?

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

1.3K Posts

August 4th, 2015 08:00

Can you try rebooting your device to see if that helps? Honestly haven't heard of this behavior before.

Josh Maurer

12 Posts

Yes I did. I assumed the same problem. I have not rebooted my iPad though. It happens every time I start a new session and copy text to the clipboard. My current work around is to copy a blank space to the clipboard but that is a lousy long term solution.

Please help!

5 Posts

I'd also like to report that we are experiencing this problem as well.
We currently have several ipads running RDP sessions through pocketcloud, and this has happened on 2 of them so far. The problem started occurring after the app had worked properly for several days.

We haven't found a trigger for the problem yet, but rebooting the ipad does not solve the problem. The only method we found to fix the problem was to actually completely wipe the ipad back to its stock condition and reinstall pocketcloud from the app store.

Any update on the issue?

1.3K Posts

August 17th, 2015 01:00

It sounds like it may be a device specific issue. Is it possible that a Shift, Ctrl, or Alt key is enabled on the devices you are seeing this behavior on? I would check the function keyboard and make sure none of the special keys are enabled.

Josh Maurer

1.3K Posts

Are you using auto-discovery or a manual connection? If you are using auto-discovery, what version of the companion software are you using?

mikeo007, if you reboot your server, does that resolve the issue for you?

Josh Maurer

12 Posts

The problem has gone away since I rebooted my PC stangely enough. I don't understand how that could have fixed the problem since I was having the problem on more than on RDP connection bu it did.

5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post

Are you using auto-discovery or a manual connection? If you are using auto-discovery, what version of the companion software are you using?

mikeo007, if you reboot your server, does that resolve the issue for you?

Server reboot did not solve the problem. All of our iPads are also connected to the same server, but they don't all have the same problem.

No Events found!