Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

W2

August 1st, 2015 04:00

Spanish keyboard

Spanish keyboard

Hi, I'm new in PocketCloud. I wonder If can change the keyboard language. I have the last version of PocketCloud basic in my iPad. Thanks.

1.3K Posts

August 1st, 2015 04:00

If your iPad's language is set to Spanish, the keyboard within the app will display as the Spanish keyboard.

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

August 5th, 2015 02:00

Originally Posted by Josh 

If your iPad's language is set to Spanish, the keyboard within the app will display as the Spanish keyboard.

My iPad´s language is set to Spanish, and yes, the keyboard within the app display as the Spanish keyboard. But when I press certain keys, the symbol does not correspond. For example, I press the key "ñ" and shows the key "l". This happens with many other symbols.

1.3K Posts

August 5th, 2015 02:00

Thank you for the additional information. I was unable to reproduce the issue in house with both our iPad 1 & 2. What iPad do you have and what version of iOS does it have? What type of computer are you connecting to (mac or pc) and what OS is it using? Is it happening on a VNC or RDP connection (or both)? Is the computer you are connected to set to the same Spanish language?

I checked they keyboard issue you reported against the latest (internal) build and it appears to be working correctly. The new version has already been submitted to the app store for approval and should hopefully be available in a week or so. If the issue is not fixed for you with the new release, please let me know.

Josh Maurer

August 17th, 2015 01:00

- iPad 2 IOS 5.0.1
- Remote: Mac mini v2010 with Mac OS X 10.7.2. Set to Spanish language.
- VNC connection

I'll wait for the new version.

On the other hand, "Keyboard Auto-activate" don't work. It's set "On" in the application options.

Thank you very much for your attention.

1.3K Posts

August 17th, 2015 02:00

What exactly doesn't match? Only English is supported with VNC connections (mac computers only support VNC connections).

Josh Maurer

This is issue is broader than a Spanish, IMHO the only possible match is to have both The iPad and the mac remote machine keyboards in English. Any other combination French, Deutsch, Catalonian, or Spanish do no match WYS in the iPad keyboard.
Hopefully this will be take care of soon.

The local and the remote keyboards don't match in languages other than English.

Josh,
Rigth, we need 
English in both sides.

1.3K Posts

I am sorry to hear that. A good amount of fixes related to the keyboard on the iOS should be in the next release (hopefully due out in the next week or so in the app store). The build has been submitted to the app store for approval already, so hopefully soon the update will be available.

Josh Maurer

In general. Never worked for me.

1.3K Posts

That is correct. You need English set on both ends.

Josh Maurer

1.3K Posts

For VNC connections, ONLY English is supported.

Josh Maurer

1.3K Posts

I see why it was not working for you now. Unfortunately only English is supported on VNC connections. 

With the keyboard auto-activate, is it not working on something specific or just in general is not working for you? And this is on a VNC connection correct?

Josh Maurer

No Events found!