Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

L2

July 29th, 2015 06:00

Unable to connect xp/32 laptop to iPad

Unable to connect xp/32 laptop to iPad

I have the companion loaded on laptop with a gmail account. iPad recognized computer and companion on laptop says "logged in". RDP says it is successful also. When I hit connect on the iPad, I see a "Log on to Windows" screen with blank fields. When I do log on, the laptop screen goes black and asks me to log on also (user name) is prefilled this time. Typing in the password only turns off the pocketcloud service and log me automatically out of the companion. If I try to reengage it says there is still a connection. I am not able to see anything on my iPad screen or seemingly connect to the laptop

544 Posts

August 1st, 2015 02:00

Hi Larry - You can only be logged into Windows from one place at a time. That is why you are logged off on your Computer when you login with PocketCloud. This is the expected behavior.

-Chris

August 1st, 2015 02:00

That makes sense Chris but when I attempt to connect...the iPad will ask for user name and password (after input) the screen goes blank. The laptop will then also go blank prompting for a password. When the laptop is ignored the iPad wiill stay a black screen and eventually say the RDP session dissconnected. When I ask it to browse files...says the companion is not installed. I have reinstalled, I see the icon on the bar and it says the RDP to port 3389 is successful

925 Posts

August 5th, 2015 23:00

Hi Larry can you kill your app . Restart the app . Do you see the connection active or grayed out? Try connecting .

Wyse PocketCloud Team

925 Posts

Hi Larry, can you please look into your rdp settings? Is your username in the list of users for rdp access. computer-properties-remote settings.
when you see the blank screen please tap on the screen to see if the screen is responsive .

Wyse PocketCloud Team

Chris, I restarted the computer and tried to logon again. Still says the companion is not installed. Are there program permissions that might inhibit any recognition? I have the companion icon with RDB to port 3389 successful. The iPad recognizes my computer but that is where this ends.

It has my user name for the computer as "...already has access". I added it to the blank screen regardless in addition to adding "administrator" from the remote user list. Still says that the companion is not installed.

544 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LarryS View Post
That makes sense Chris but when I attempt to connect...the iPad will ask for user name and password (after input) the screen goes blank. The laptop will then also go blank prompting for a password. When the laptop is ignored the iPad wiill stay a black screen and eventually say the RDP session dissconnected. When I ask it to browse files...says the companion is not installed. I have reinstalled, I see the icon on the bar and it says the RDP to port 3389 is successful

Try restarting your computer and then see if it says the Companion is not installed. The service may have crashed. It will automatically be restarted once your computer reboots.

No Events found!