Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

July 29th, 2015 21:00

Unable to connect

Unable to connect

Hi
I installed PocketCloud and ultra VNC. I can see my desktop from the iPhone.
When I try to connect it asks for a password, I don't know which.
I tried the gmail password, VNC password, no password

It gives the following message:

Remote Machine Unavailable
the remote machine you are trying to connect to is offline and unavailable

I would appreciate any assistance
Thanks

544 Posts

August 1st, 2015 02:00

1) Right click on the tray icon (if you don't see it then you should first go to Start > Programs > UltraVNC > UltraVNC Server).
2) Select "Admin Properties".
3) Under "Authentication" type in your preferred password.
4) Click "Apply" and then click "OK". You may get some security pop-ups from Windows. If you do just go ahead and press "OK" on those.

That's it!

-Chris
Wyse Technology

6 Posts

August 1st, 2015 03:00

thanks
I tried it, now it gives the message

Could not connect to server

Any idea what I should do now?

544 Posts

August 1st, 2015 03:00

Go to Start > Run and type in "cmd" and then press Enter. In the window that appears type in "ipconfig". Next, find the "IP address". Make sure that is the same as what you have entered in the PocketCloud Connection Settings.

-Chris
Wyse Technology

544 Posts

August 6th, 2015 01:00

Quote Originally Posted by Badhatharry View Post
Seemed you were on your way to answering my connection problem, but the other guy's situation worked out too quickly for me.

Using Windows 7 Home Premium, connecting through TightVNC. The app on the iPad sees the connection through auto detect, loopback is enabled, passwords match -- and I keep getting the "Pocketcloud Could not connect to server" error.

Help!!

I've had a ton of problems with UltraVNC. I would suggest de-installing it and installing TightVNC (http://www.tightvnc.com/). Can you give that a try and see if it works out better for you?

544 Posts

Yeah you can try connecting via a manual conenction. To do that tap the "+" sign on the Home screen and select VNC. If both your computer and iPad are on the same WiFi network then type in the private IP address. If you are connection externally then type in your public IP address (which you can find at www.whatsmyip.net).

I already am using TightVNC

Yes, PocketCloud companion is installed and running, auto discovery seems to work fine, I tested the VNC port and it comes back good. And the computer shows up fine in the iPad app. But when I tap it to connect, it gives me a PLEASE WAIT spinner for a few seconds, then says it can't connect.

544 Posts

Oh ok, you are using the Windows Companion client. What version of Windows are you running?

I saw the sticky you just added. I understand the sentiment, but I hope that wasn't in lieu of a reply to this problem -- I already read through all that and couldn't solve the problem, which is why I posted here. Is there any advice you can give me?

544 Posts

On the home page of the PocketCloud app, click on the "Edit" link next to the connection for your desktop. You will find a "Host" setting which should match the IP address from your computer.

544 Posts

No definitely not. I just checked with our Engineers are we are pretty stumped. If the connection is lighting up in the app then you shouldn't have a problem connecting. Can you try disabling your firewall in Windows 7?
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...-turn-off.html

6 Posts

ok, it's working!
Thanks!

544 Posts

Seemed you were on your way to answering my connection problem, but the other guy's situation worked out too quickly for me.

Using Windows 7 Home Premium, connecting through TightVNC. The app on the iPad sees the connection through auto detect, loopback is enabled, passwords match -- and I keep getting the "Pocketcloud Could not connect to server" error.

Help!!

6 Posts

where can i find the settings?

No Events found!