Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 1st, 2015 02:00

Unable to login with free version from some networks

Unable to login with free version from some networks

I am able to log into my remote server when my iPad and iPhone on several different networks but not able to connect to the server when I am on my AT&T uverse network. I have played with the modem but did not help. I am able to use iPhone LTE to log in but not my Uverse network. Please help.

1.3K Posts

August 1st, 2015 02:00

Are you using a manual or auto-discovered connection to connect? If you are using auto-discovery, it is possible that some of the networks you are unable to connect from are blocking the companion from being able to communicate with PocketCloud. Make sure PocketCloud is on the allowed applications lists in your Firewall and anti-virus software.

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

4 Posts

August 3rd, 2015 10:00

I am using the correct address. I set up the modem to allow all traffic through the iPad. I have also set up the DMZ to allow all traffics. I tried auto detect and manual. All of them did not work individually or in multiples. I will try this specific port forward later. Thank you.

4 Posts

Thanks for the response. I am using manual discovery and I have a static ip. I believe the computer firewall is not blocking pocket cloud since I am able to connect to it through several other networks - unless you think otherwise.

1.3K Posts

Please let us know if that does not work for you.

Josh Maurer

1.3K Posts

Please make sure you are using the correct address for the network you are on. You may also need to use port forwarding.

http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/e...vnc-connection

Josh Maurer

4 Posts

August 4th, 2015 07:00

Unfortunately, this has not worked. The RESOLUTION is automatic since this is the free version. I have logged into my google account just in case that was the problem. By the way, this link takes me to a Facebook page but also brings up a schematic of connections types. Mine appears to be correct. Again, remember that this problem occurs in some networks. I believe it is the firewall that is blocking the information. I guess Uverse is Different!

1.3K Posts

August 17th, 2015 01:00

So the connection works when it is set up with auto-discovery but not a manual connection? That link isn't a Facebook page, it is our knowledge-base (I think it just has similar colors).

Josh Maurer

No Events found!