Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 1st, 2015 03:00

Unusually high cellular data usage after last update

Unusually high cellular data usage after last update

I have been using Pocketcloud for over a year and I have noticed significantly more data usage (100 MB for a 50 minute RDP session) since the last update. Can you give me some guidance as to how to reduce this? I do not use sound and video over RDP.

Thanks.

1.3K Posts

August 17th, 2015 01:00

Thanks for reporting the trouble you are having. Is this on a manual or auto-discovered connection?

For RDP, we do have settings you can adjust to lowe the bandwidth used when connected. Please check the following options under Settings >RDP Performance Tuning within PocketCloud:

-Sound (this can be turned off)
-Wallpaper (this can be turned off)
-Window Dragging (this can be turned off)
-Menu Animation (this can be turned off)
-Themes (this can be turned off)
-High Quality Fonts (this can be turned off)

Also within the connection settings, you can lower the color depth.

Please let me know if this does not help.

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

346 Posts

July 3rd, 2023 01:00

Check for background app refresh: Some apps may continue to use cellular data in the background even when you are not actively using them. Check your device's settings to see which apps are allowed to refresh in the background and consider disabling background refresh for apps that you don't need to update in the background.

Review app settings: Review the settings of individual apps on your device. Some apps have options to limit data usage or to restrict background data access. Check if any apps are consuming excessive data and adjust their settings accordingly.

Reset network settings: Resetting your device's network settings can help resolve any issues related to network connections and data usage. This will remove saved Wi-Fi networks, Bluetooth pairings, and VPN settings. To reset network settings, go to your device's settings, find the "Reset" or "General Management" section, and choose the option to reset network settings.

Hope this helps.

No Events found!