Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M2

July 30th, 2015 03:00

Use external screen by Pocketcloud 2.1 with IOS 3.2.1 on iPad

Question Use external screen by Pocketcloud 2.1 with IOS 3.2.1 on iPad

I have connected an external screen using the special Apple connector for VGA display and have activated "display Out" in the IOS settings on the iPad.

When I connect my iPad through PocketCloud 2.1.1 using my Google address, to my XP desktop, it works fine, except I don't get the iPad screen displayed on the external screen.

what I do have is a message from PocketCloud telling me to tap on a button (lower left corner of ipad screen) and to choose "external Video on". I try this and can't find this option.

Where can I get help on connecting my external screen?

Just checked the version.

I confirm that the version is Pro v2.1.200, with a purchase price of $14.99.

Is it possible that Video Out is only supported with Premium?

Thanks

544 Posts

Video out is not supported on the free version. You will need to upgrade to PocketCloud Pro to use this feature.

Thanks,

Chris
Wyse Technology

544 Posts

August 2nd, 2015 00:00

No, it is not a Premium feature.

Make sure you connect and power on the display to the correct input before pressing the menu button in PocketCloud. You should see the following option:

I also suggest upgrading your iPad firmware to the latest available version from Apple which is currently 4.2.1. You can do this through iTunes.

544 Posts

August 6th, 2015 04:00

It depends. If you are connecting via RDP then you should use your Windows password. If you are connecting via VNC then you should use the password that is setup within TightVNC.

-Chris

I am OK on the Tight VNC password. It works as expected. 
With respect to the Windows XP password, I don't know if I ever had one or how to find it. Any ideas?
I appreciate your ongoing help.

Happy New Year.

544 Posts

What version of Windows are you running? Windows XP Home or Pro?

If you are running Pro then you can follow these steps:
1) Go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools.
2) Open "Computer Management".
3) Click on "Local Users and Groups".
4) Click on "Users".
5) Right click on your account name and select "Set Password".

If you are running Home then there is no need to complete the steps above as RDP is not supported.

Regretfully, I have decided to return to my Mocha VNC, TightVNC configuration, since it works consistently both for Remote Access via the Internet and for Local Access, when I can use my video out option.

with PocketCloud Pro, I am unclear as to which of several possible passwords is needed: my Google p/w, the router p/w, an XP machine p/w or another one, I don't know about? Perhaps with enough time and trial & error, I can narrow down my choices. I don't find the User Guide to be helpful on either password choice or external screen option.

I will monitor this forum over the next few weeks, to watch for clues.

Many thanks.

No Events found!