Chris-2015
3 Zinc

RE: VMware View Connection Failure with upgrade to PockCloud Pro

Guys - In our previous version of PocketCloud, if we couldn't resolve the hostname of the view server then we would fall back to the IP address. This wasn't following the protocol correctly so, in the new version you must have a resolvable hostname via the DNS of whatever wireless network your iPad is connected to.

-Chris
Wyse Technology

0 Kudos
timdyke
2 Bronze

Did some more researching. At the VMWare View server I see logs that pass my authentication, but then the client is closing. We will be testing tomorrow with both a 2.1.200 and a 2.1.217 client and will upload the log parts from the VMWare View server

0 Kudos
timdyke
2 Bronze

I'll try adding in an PTR or A record on our BIND servers for the name, and let you know how things go

0 Kudos
timdyke
2 Bronze

Added our DNS record so we can resolve the name. Made the change in the app so that it will use the name instead of the IP
Result is still the same. Authentication happens fine, but there is a TLS alert packet and the session closes.
Please escalate this to development for a fix
Btw we are using view 4.0

0 Kudos
Chris-2015
3 Zinc

Quote Originally Posted by timdyke View Post

Added our DNS record so we can resolve the name. Made the change in the app so that it will use the name instead of the IP
Result is still the same. Authentication happens fine, but there is a TLS alert packet and the session closes.
Please escalate this to development for a fix
Btw we are using view 4.0 

Tim - Can you download the free VMware View iPad app and see if you can successfully connect with that?
0 Kudos
jczinger
1 Copper

Frustrated

I've been trying to revert back to 2.1.200 with no success. Is there an update coming out that deals with this issue?

0 Kudos
nrzimmj
1 Copper

I am having the same issue. I get the error VmWare View Connection Failed! Please check your connection settings and try again. This was working fine yesterday. What should I be troubleshooting? Any help would be great. Thanks

0 Kudos
beerzaza
1 Copper

Hi All
I have same proble. My ipad can't not connect to my VMware view by VPN with version 2.1.217. but can't use by wirlees Lan at the office. but my iphone can use with 2.1.200. both ipad and iphone run on 4.2.1 Ios. the error is "VMware View connection Failed! Please check your connection setting and try again". I think have problem with VPN. Could you help me to slov this problem or downgrade to 2.1.200 ? Thank you for your help

PS :
I already set IP Address. and same config at office (at office can use, at vpn can't use)
I already set new config, It can configure all list but can't connect (have list to choose domain, and Desktop) It's mean connection is ok

0 Kudos
Highlighted
dantech
1 Copper

Hi,

I've just upgrade the iPhone to IOS 4.3.3, and Pocketcloud Pro now works without any issues.

Just before the upgrade this was tested (with the same connectivity - Wifi over the internet), and the issue was still happening.

Hope this helps track down the issue for those who are still having problems.

0 Kudos