Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

July 31st, 2015 23:00

What is best way to get to page up/down

What is best way to get to page up/down

I love the program and use it with an ipad to a windows 7 desktop. The one thing I can't get a hang of is scrolling through long e-mails. On a PC typically I would make the window active and use page down or click the scroll bar.

Now of course I know I can try to click on the scrollbar or down arrow but that does not work very smoothly given the size of the arrow and using finger control.

Another option is the touch pointer but to control an e-mail that has a scroll bar way at the right side, the the touchpointer hangs off the right side of the screen and it is very combursome to try to align the arrow on the scrollbar.

And there is the vertical slidebar on the expanded touchpointer. That is probably the best of the three.

But is there a shortcut, gesture, or some way to get to a page down command that is a little more straightforward? I know it is on the keyboard but the keyboard takes up half the screen which defeats the purpose. The best would be a scroll down and up button on the touch pointer.

I sometimes forget I am on a remote client and try to use an ipad gesture and that just moves the whole window!

Perhaps I am missing something else out there that is a little more obvious and a better solution.

Thanks,
BJBBJB

95 Posts

August 1st, 2015 00:00

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post

BJBBJB, you can press and hold 2 fingers on the window you want to scroll and slide your fingers up and down to scroll within the window. Please let me know if this works to help you!
thanks. On A web page this helps but it does not work when scrolling an outlook email. Also even on a web page, it sometimes moves the entire windows background.....so the whole windows session vs just the web page.
can you anchor the session screen full screen? Any shortcut to scroll an email?
thanks
BJBBJB

1.3K Posts

August 1st, 2015 00:00

BJBBJB, you can press and hold 2 fingers on the window you want to scroll and slide your fingers up and down to scroll within the window. Please let me know if this works to help you! 

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

1.3K Posts

August 6th, 2015 04:00

Unfortunately there is no option to anchor the screen at this time, but you can put in a feature request for that here:

http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/f...ts/entries/new

As for scrolling within Outlook, you just have to tap on the area you wish to scroll and the 2 finger scroll will work. I have my Outlook set up with multiple panes and I can scroll in each one individually.

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

No Events found!