Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

W

July 28th, 2015 23:00

Windows Companion Auto Discovery won't login to google

Unhappy Windows Companion Auto Discovery won't login to google

When I try and login in to google account from windows companion auto discovery I get a 'login fail' message. Attempting to login from windows companion seems to cause router to crash and re-boot? I can login from iphone to google account using the pocket cloud app OK and also logging in to google account outside of the windows companion program from my PC also works OK. Any help appreciated!!!

Windows 7 Ultimate

145 Posts

July 28th, 2015 23:00

Hello Waddis,

What router are you using? Is there any custom filters added to your router?

2 Posts

July 30th, 2015 01:00

Thomson TG585 V8 and I have not added any filters etc, it is installed as new. It does cause the router to loose the internet and network connections about 10 seconds after attempting login

1 Message

July 31st, 2015 06:00

I am having a similar issue. My companion is installed on a Windows Vista Ultimate machine and I get login failed errors when I try to configure auto discovery. My router does not appear to be effected and is running fine. I can connect to my gmail account from the pocket cloud app on my iPhone. I also can get to gmail from outside the windows companion.

8 Posts

July 31st, 2015 07:00

MeToo

Installs and logs in fine on Android HTC Desire (Froyo). Auto Detect on Windows XP machine gives Login Failed message. Modem/router is a standard BT Broadband unit with no special config.

8 Posts

Ruled out the Broadband router/hub as I installed on another laptop and thiscan log in no problem....local to my desktop then!

1 Message

i am having the same problem as csantoro and tinca, however i am also behind proxy servers on 3 of the 4 systems i am trying to add to the pocketcloud auto-discovery. i will try on the 4th one and see what happens which is not behind any proxy server

925 Posts

Tinca, Try using your gmail account on the problematic desktop. Are you able to login? Can you please restart the pocketcloud service and try again? What does the diagnostic tell you?

Wyse PocketCloud Team

145 Posts

pocket cloud auto discovery will not work with proxies.

8 Posts

I gave up on this in September. have now just re-installed pocketcloud to give it another go...same issue. laptop and desktop both connected to same router. Laptop logs in to Google no problem and can access it from HTC Desire. Desktop still returns "Login Failed" message when trying to login using gmail creds. anybody "Wyser" to the possible cause/solution.

No Events found!