Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 30th, 2015 04:00

Windows Companion, need to be Administrator?

Windows Companion, need to be Administrator?

Installed on win 7 ultimate x64. I try to configure the auto detect settings and I get an error that states you must be an admin to change the auto detect settings. I am an admin directly and uac is disabled. Any idea how to configure this?

623 Posts

Gumtee,
RDP cannot dinamically change resolution once you are connected. You will need to set your connection to lanscape or porttrait mode before launching and you can then use the "Auto Rotate Lock" swith so the screen doesn't constantly moves for you.

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1 Message

I'm having the exact same problem. when ever I right click on the Wyse PocketCloud Windows Companion icon and then click Auto Discovery Settings I get this error:

"You do not have administrator privileges to configure the Auto Discovery settings."

I am an administrator and and I ran the program as an administrator. I don't know what else to do. Please help!

145 Posts

A new version of PocketCloud Companion(v2.0.3) is available in the wyse website that fixes this issue.

925 Posts

we are aware of this issue on 64 bit. We are in the process of deploying the new server sometime today.

3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Passta View Post
Installed on win 7 ultimate x64. I try to configure the auto detect settings and I get an error that states you must be an admin to change the auto detect settings. I am an admin directly and uac is disabled. Any idea how to configure this?

I'm on the exact same setup, Admin directly w/ UAC disabled and I'm getting the same error as well. I've tried right clicking and running as admin anyway, no dice.

EDIT: Tried making a standard admin account with UAC enabled, still no go.

Seems to be borked on W7 Ultimate X64...=[

1 Message

Quote Originally Posted by Passta View Post

Same problem over here. Also screen stays in portret mode when turning ipad to landscape..... Mouse button sometimes stops functioning and I need to log out and in to get it working again.

No Events found!